Trainerroad visit to Australia

Pretty much. Just wear your club kit if you got one, or something more or less plain. I am sure, John Sundee will be fine with it.

1 Like

Going to come and meet and watch? Iā€™ll be riding In from Nth Shore somewhere.

It is going to be Centennial celebrations for St.George CC, so Iā€™ll be racing at Oatley Park that arvo.

Can I wear my TR kit? Iā€™m confused. You can only wear certain kits?

I canā€™t answer for the one venue or event, but after years of racing in NSW, VIC, and SA I can say I have NEVER seen a forced kit rule across any discipline. The only time one of us didnā€™t have our team kit on was if we were the series leader, in that case an issued leaders jersey is worn.

Itā€™s an issue with some clubs in NSW but at Heffron doesnā€™t matter. So yes you can. I asked a local rider :wink:

1 Like

Tour of Bright did a few years back

Having spent two years living in Narrabeen the ride up to West Head is the bit of Australia I miss the most. Getting out there before heading to work during week or part of a longer weekend ride down to Akuna Bay / Cottage Point was my idea of heaven. Lovely rolling roads, not much traffic, the smells of the bush (ok and roadkill) and some amazing views. That and only needing at most some arm warmers even in deep mid-winter.

2 Likes

Whoā€™s hosting the racing Saturday? I canā€™t see anything on Buncheur.

1 Like

Randwick Cycling Club - sign on from 2pm, race starts at 3pm for Div 1-Div 4.

So do Manly-Warringah club that host Westhead races.

Except I see people in non-club kit all the time at West Head. Itā€™s usually only in state level races, of which @Nate_Pearson is not doing any, just club level. TR kit will be fine. Also, depending on who is running registration at the Saturday Heffron, they might not let you into Div 1 (they changed this year from A-C grade to Div 1-5).

Thatā€™s fine though because Div 2 is still a demanding race.

I almost got kicked out for not wearing mine several years ago.

Will Nate be able to get a racing license for one day only ?

There are one week license available in every state $44.

They are going to see my legs and go ā€œno man, youā€™re C gradeā€ :joy:

Iā€™ll make sure to wear pants. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll send you straight to E-Grade.

1 Like

Dont shave your legs either :wink:

1 Like

Few questions as I prepare!

Can I do this at Heffron park on Saturday or do I need to do it online?

Heffron Park Saturday

• 2pm sign up
  • 3pm race

I got a ā€œcamera licenseā€ online. Should I also talk to the race director and tell them I have a camera?

Heffron Park Tuesday

• What time does it start?
  • I see another club puts these on, do I need to do anything different?

It looks like itā€™s going to rain the entire time Iā€™m there too. I was going to run 28 GP5000s for the crit. Will they hold the race in the rain?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey mate

License - You can get online https://cycling.org.au/membership/race

Hahaha yes, a ā€œcamera licenseā€ - better to have a chat with the Comm. I am sure he will be fine.

It will be up to the Club and Commissaires, a week ago Heffron was literally flooded

See on Saturday - I checked the weather 10-20mm is torrential rain! yet its 36degs there today.

So do you think there will be a race sat or not?

I can race the Saturday after that too if I miss this one.