TrainerRoad workouts on Zwift

That won’t work.

1. The KKRM Inride 2.0 is BLE only (no ANT+)
  2. Because of that it can only pair to one app at a time.
    He can try, but I don’t see how the Inride will pair to 2 apps.

Just for testing, maybe try the [Classic] setting and see if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, it seems you have everything set properly.
Not sure what to suggest otherwise?

I have a Tron bike thanks to TR, Alpe do Zwift and 90 minute sweet spot workouts. :smirk:

6 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can I run TrainerRoad on my iphone and Zwift on my iPad at same time, with saris h3? Or can I export my workout to wahoo bolt like an outdoor ride and do it in zwift, I’m about to embark on 6 month plan but worried about boredom!

The H3 has only one Bluetooth channel. That means it can only connect to one device via Bluetooth.

You need to use the other ANT+ channel from the trainer if you want any other device and app to access the trainer data.

Yes, assuming you are following a TR plan, you should be able to use the Outside Workouts driven by ANT+ and then use Bluetooth for your Apple device.

2 Likes

trainer road on an iPad bluetooth,
pc on ant+

works perfect, plus i record on my garmin at the same time.

jeff

I don’t use Zwift as I don’t like it but I use TR with TDA (Tacx Desktop Application).

While I connect my Neo to TDA via BTE, I use ANT+ to connect TR. I disable Trainer on TDA so that Tr can control it. It works just perfect.

1 Like

Not sure if this is right place to ask, but I’ve had some dropout problems after adding zwift in addition to TR. My setup:

Wahoo Kickr 18, wahoo Tickr HRM and Garmin Tri HRM, Faviero Assioma Uno power, Wahoo cadence.

I use a Macbook Air with Ant+ dongle to run Trainerroad, one of the HRMs, and the Wahoo cadence sensor.

Apple TV to run Zwift, the Assioma for power, and the other HRM (can’t remember which).

Between 1-3 times per 60 minute workout, TR will lose the Kickr connection. If I click “forget”, and then click “connect”, it reconnects and goes fine for sometimes 20 minutes, and sometimes the whole session.

It didn’t happen until I added Zeift… but not sure if it’s a kickr problem or something I’m going…

Not sure about your dropouts, but just curious why the 2 HRMs? Doesn’t the Tickr support both Bluetooth and ANT+? Seems like you don’t need the Garmin Tri HRM. Also are you using PowerMatch or just having TR control the Kickr?

Yeah I thought I could use the tickr for both, but found when I used the tickr with the Mac for TR , then the Apple TV couldn’t find it. At the time I just grabbed the garmin HRM and it worked, so I kept doing it. Probably something I should go back to figure out.

I just have TR control the Kickr, and use Zwift for something to keep me distracted.

Do you have and ANT+ USB stick for your Mac? If not, it is grabbing the BLE version of the Tickr, and that prevents the ATV from connecting to it. You need to have the ANT+ via Mac to leave BLE open for ATV.

I do essentially this with my PC & ANT+ with BLE on my Android mobile, when mixing Z & TR sometimes.

I do have an ANT+ USB stick for the Mac. Tonight I’ll try turning BLE off on the Mac first to ensure that the Tickr connection is ANT+ and see if that makes a difference… thanks!

1 Like

I tried turning off the BLE on the Mac, and it did work to use the tickr for ANT+ on the Mac and BLE on the Apple TV. Thanks!

That being said, I did have loss of connection to the Kickr 3x during the 70 minute workout last night… :(.

1 Like

Gains and losses, bummer.

To try and work on the dropouts in TR, should I:

isolate by not using Zwift a few times to see if it replicates, or

Contact Wahoo, or,

Contact TR for support?

It’s not a major issue, but in the middle of a SS or above threshold interval, it sucks to have to mess with the Mac to reconnect the Kickr…

If you are getting ANT+ dropouts, maybe try moving the Mac / Kickr closer to each other and see if that improves things. I know some people use an ANT+ extender to reduce these types of dropouts. I run Zwift on a MacBook with ANT+ and TR using an iPhone with Bluetooth. Don’t usually have issues but the MacBook is only about 4 feet from my Kickr.

I have experienced some similar issues, although less so recently.

Setup:

• PC
  • 2 USB ANT+ sticks with extensions to place the receiver right next to the trainer.
  • TR launched and paired first
  • Z launched and paired second (with the Power and Heart Rate graph shown)

When I have issues, I see TR drop the power data (via the digital and graph displays), but Z apparently keeps it on both the digital and graph.

• That indicates to me that the trainer is actively sending the data, but TR is losing it for some reason.
  • TR still keeps graphing the Heart Rate and Cadence, coming from separate devices, so I know that TR’s connection to the PC via the ANT+ stick is still functioning correctly.

I am know I have seen this with my Kickr17 (most recent), Neo 2, and pretty sure my H2 as well. The number of drops did vary, so it could have something to do with the relative placement of the transceiver in the trainers and their relationship to my sticks and other interference in the area.

For trouble shooting, it makes sense to cut the number of connections and see if that helps. I know it did not solve the issue in my case, even after extensive testing with one or both apps running, and very specific tracking software in play via TR support.

We ended the testing with no grand conclusions. I can say that my number of drops is down from the peak, but that was using a different trainer at the time, and I have not been back to that specific one in a while.

1 Like

thanks. I’ll try cutting connections, and then moving the Mac a bit closer (it’s pretty close now) and then contact TR if it doesn’t improve.

1 Like

Have you considered killing the 2.4ghz wifi in your house or at least reassigning the channels of the 2.4ghz wifi.

Worked for me pretty well

I hadn’t thought of that. In fact, the wifi router is in the same room…