Training plan with 30-45 minute rides

Weekdays are almost impossible to train for me. I get home around 2:45 and pick my kid up at 4 from school and then have to pick my two babies up. I haven’t been able to squeeze hour rides in. Looking through the rides today I saw a ton of 30-45 minute rides. Anyone have a plan put together using those I could steal? Thanks!

1 Like

Take a look at the Time Crunch 30 & 45 workout blocks in the Enthusiast section of the Speciality Phase plans.

2 Likes

From the “Specialty Phase” section, under “Enthusiast”
(kind of a funny place to find them?).

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/plans/category/23-enthusiast

1 Like

Haha. I ALWAYS forget where they are. :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for this! My business has blown up (in a good way) and I am working 14 hours a day, then spending the rest, eating, hanging out with wife and kids and sleep (not enough though 5-6 hrs and a ‘big sleep’ on Sunday around 8-9).

I know none of this is optimal, especially the stress and sleep, but the big problem is I don’t have time to do the low volume plan…it just isn’t happening. So, I’m going to try the time crunch 30 plan and see how that goes!

My question for @mcneese.chad is if I have a day that I could do 45-1 hr, how would I modify the workout to do a longer one? I know none of this is ideal, but I thought I would ask. I HOPE to hire more help and get things in life under control, but that may take 2-3 months realistically. I just feel like I’m just not following a plan anymore and I’d rather at least follow a low low volume plan like time crunch vs. just missing all the low volume planed workouts

I’d be tempted to look at the Low Volume of a preferred plan and pluck a 60 min from there. Or a 45 min from that Time Crunch option. Just be cautious when stretching time, as the intensity may need to be lower than the one you are swapping out.