I have a 2010 Cervelo P2, size 56, that I am likely to be selling to a friend. I loaned it to them to try out, and don’t have the bike to take all the typical XY dimensions for fit. But here is what I know for now with regards to sizing.
- I am 5’ 10" [178 cm], with 34" [86 cm] actual inseam length (Long Legs with a Short Torso).
- The P2 has a 80 mm X +25 deg stem (short & high angle), and is installed with 25 mm of spacers between the HS cap and the stem.
- Arm pads have the taller spacers (maybe 20 mm tall). I end up with about 70 mm drop from the saddle to the top of the pads, based on a 770 cm saddle height.
- Pad X (center of the pad) = 460mm
- Pad Y (top surface center of the pad) = 670mm
- I have the saddle mount installed in the forward hole of the seat post.
- Sitero saddle installed rearward with about 15 mm of the leading saddle rail exposed, and much more than that behind the clamp. Effectively a fairly rear mount location.
- It fits, but might be a bit on the long side for the TT length.
I am looking at the Specialized Shiv Tri for the next bike and torn on sizing.
The Specialized chart has me on the bubble.
- I know these are generally just a starting point for sizing.
- I seem to remember reading on Slowtwitch forums that you usually size down when you are between sizes.
I made a geometry comparison between the Cervelo 56cm and the Shiv in Medium and Large. I am missing some info on the Cervelo since it is older and I have issues finding more detailed charts.
The Cervelo seems to be about in the middle of the Shivs for the most part.
I am looking for some guidance, as I have to buy without the ability to test fit in person.
I can get my Cervelo for more detailed measurements and pics of me on it for reference.
Thanks for any guidance you can offer.