UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

So Hugo1 posted this on the game changer thread, there is a Lasko blower style fan available in the UK:

I ordered one this week and it’s brilliant!

Thanks Hugo1!

UPDATE: Discount code is now TRAINERROAD10

54 Likes

5% discount code for above JANSAVE5

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m in the market for a new fan. What makes this one so good out of interest?

1 Like

Looks great but I’m not sure if the FTP is high enough to really push me.

10 Likes

Nice one thanks.

It works kind of like a turbo in how it pushes air so can move a lot more than a conventional fan giving much more cooling benefit.

1 Like

The Lasko 49XX series is highly rated by indoor trainer users for volume of air moved, cooling, quietness etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-Cooling-4905-4905LASKO-Utility/dp/B00E1LYHTE

unfortunately its not available in the UK so the cleva air looks like a very similar alternative. I can’t comment on performance as mine hasn’t arrived yet but hopefully @pgyates1983 can give some more detail.

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the responses @Jonnyboy / @pgyates1983.

Ordered, really looking forward to it arriving.

1 Like

I ordered one yesterday too!

I’ve currently got a Sealey HVF18 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-HVF18-Industrial-Velocity-Floor/dp/B000RA0Y0Y) on the floor, and a Honeywell HT900E pointed at my face. The Sealey moves a decent amount of air, but overpowers the Honeywell so my face drips with sweat.

Excited to try this out!

1 Like

Cleva UK are going to be a little confused on the sudden run on their air movers!

7 Likes

The only issue for me would be the fact you can’t change what it’s doing while you are on the turbo. I have a tall fan that I lean into the corner of my room, I can grab it to turn it up or down and put it back in place quite easily while pedalling.

1 Like

You should be on commission mate :wink:

3 Likes

Bought one yesterday!

I get around this in two ways.

• using a remote control power socket adapter thingy to switch the fan on remotely (still doesn’t allow for speed control)
  • leaving the fan on max and wearing a jersey for the start of the ride, then once HR is elevated and I’m warm I take it off.
4 Likes

Interested to hear feedback on this fan…

The thing that initially put me off this compared to the (US) Lasko/Stanley utility fan was the lack of variable pivoting:

• the Laskey pivots/rotates so can be set “just-so” to point exactly where you want it to;
  • whereas the UK Vacmaster fan just has 3 fixed orientations determined by the feet, so 45 degrees is the only useful angle - this could be an issue if you don’t have space to move the fan back/forth to compensate for the lack of pivoting.

Question for @pgyates1983, with the fan placed right in front of the wheel as pictured, where’s the airflow going exactly? Legs, torso, legs&torso etc? Cheers!

NB I was considering getting two of the Vacmaster fans, placed in-front/either-side of the front wheel, to replace one of these:

I also have one of these:

…placed up close for head/chest.

Remote controls for all of them.

It’s hitting over the top of my knees to my midriff and chest so pretty spot on, I did have the same thought and was going to use a piece of of wood to raise the front of it if needed but it seems to be spot on for me.

1 Like

UPDATE: I contacted Cleva UK to let them know about this thread, they’ve passed on a discount code:

TENJAN19 for 10% off

9 Likes

Thanks. What do you reckon about using two of them? NB I turbo all year round in south facing room, so need serious coolage when it gets warmer…

Just tried it but not working (?yet).

I think Nate does the very same with his Lasko, don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work, it will be a lot of air being moved so should keep you well cooled.

1 Like