UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

The N+1 rule of fans! :joy:

2 Likes

Those fans appear to be more expensive than your bike :smiley:

Nice setup! How are you finding it?

1 Like

200€ :thinking: Was that an offer? :money_mouth_face: It’s just an old bike I don’t need, I adjusted the fit so matches my current mountain bike perfectly.

The setup is great, their airflow it pretty narrow, that’s why I chose four. The only thing I don’t like is the smell they produce, some lubricant I suppose. I hope this goes away soon.

I got 2, but actually only use 1 because i don’t notice the benefit of another one. Having several can cancel out the air flow if you’re not careful, and having one pointed at the face waters my eyes and disrupts breathing. After 1 fan, I’d focus more on having cool surrounding air and cold drinks.

Ha ha, I’ve been outfanned :grinning:

Take a look at my photos up-thread showing me inverting (placing upside down) one fan of a side-by-side pair to give a taller column of airflow. Maybe give that a try.

2 Likes

Hi guys, the new 10% discount code which is exclusively for you lovely people who want to buy the Cleva Vacmaster Air Mover fan is trainerroad10
That discount code doesn’t have an expiry date, so it won’t lapse like the last one did.

16 Likes

Gary, your timing couldn’t have been more perfect! I’ve just been looking at these and was feeling sad that I missed out on the discount. Thanks very much!!

2 Likes

My current fan case is rusting. I don’t know quite how. Probably just age. It is 18 years old.

Is the power socket on these powered all the time or just when the fan is on? Was thinking about connecting the trainer plug.

The outlets on the Lasko/Stanley are powered anytime the fan is plugged in to an active socket.

It is not restricted to the fan power setting. I have my phone charger plugged into one outlet and it pulls all the time as needed.

The on-board power socket works all the time, as long as the fan is plugged in, regardless of whether the fan is actually on or not.

1 Like

Guys I’ve just bought one of those Cleva fans and it made such a difference to the Spanish Needle workout I did this evening. Worth every penny!

3 Likes

Nice, I was going to buy this a few weeks months ago but held off because the discount expired. Might grab one now!

Just ordered it, looking forward to seeing if it will make a difference.

I have 3

1 pointed at lower body
1 pointed at upper body
1 on a book case next to me blasting my head :smile:

Excellent bit of kit

2 Likes

It must be a blast!

1 Like

Just bitten the bullet and purchased a Vacmaster. After reading the comments in this thread, it seemed like the only sensible thing to do :smile:

1 Like

I just ordered one from Cleva. With TR discount and shipment to Sweden it was £78. Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for the recommendation everyone!

2 Likes

Just ordered one of these myself to replace a £15 classic style desktop fan. Best get my moneys worth in ftp or you lot are in trouble!

My money is on you coming back to say “I wish I had done this sooner…” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

After a gym bike session this week with no fan at all it definitely puts it into perspective

1 Like

I’ve recently been caught carrying my Vacmaster to the gym :laughing:

3 Likes