UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

…then don’t! :open_mouth:

Really not worth anyone dying for.

I like the specs of this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.trotec24.com/en-de/machines/ventilation/tfv-series-radial-fans/tfv-1200-heavy-duty-radial-fan.html

Trotec offers Lasko blower style fans / carpet dryers in the EU

https://www.trotec24.com/en-de/machines/ventilation/tfv-series-radial-fans

The small one is weak and the big one is crazy overkill.

Why?

I mentioned the Trotec fans earlier in this thread, post 21.

I haven’t tried any of them, but comparing size and energy consumption, the small one is weaker and more expensive than Cleva, and the big one could probably at 1200 W rip some skin off you.

You’re probably right, Cleva=960m³/h at maximum level, the bigger Trotec=1350, 1880, 2250 m³/h at its 3 levels. So,

2xCleva = 1xbigger Trotec

1 Like

The Cleva is more than powerful enough and I’m not sure anything would be gained by going even bigger.

Interested to hear if anyone does invest a sub zero system, though I feel it’s a case of diminishing returns.

I use Cleva on lowest setting on recovery spins and medium on workouts. Perhaps in summer, if on trainer, may need to up a level.
What fascinates me how well the Cleva rotor is balanced, there is no other noise or vibration other than air rushing through.

I actually went to two yesterday during “Collins”. I did have the bib straps up and a jersey on though (with the old fans I was generally top less and still sweating)!

1 Like

It’s a great fan. Before I was using a big rotary one from Screwfix which was good but a lot of the effect was lost. The Cleva one angled up from the front wheel is great for me. Have it on setting 3 for ramp tests and 2 for everything else

Just ordered one. Thanks to all above for pointing this out and doing some testing!

@Nate_Pearson do you guys have access to link click data? Perhaps TR could negotiate a cut on the ‘TR bump’

Cleva actually have a call-out on the homepage talking about using it for indoor training :smiley:

Just used the fan for the first time: 90 minutes of Tray Mountain. Very impressed: I didn’t have to take my top off once, nor did I need to keep a towel to hand – on the first setting! Having not used a fan previously, I would say that I thought the RPE was a touch lower. I also noticed that my heart rate would recover faster.

In Pokémon terms: Dan used Vacmaster! It was super-effective!

4 Likes

Even better, they have a link back to this page!

10/10 for seizing the initiative there Cleva marketing person

7 Likes

Ordererd Wednesday evening, delivered this morning. Used it this evening… Awesome piece of kit. Thanks for starting thread.

1 Like

MVP’s : @pgyates1983, @Hugo1 aaaand…Aimee Thompson. :+1:

Ordered mine from Belgium and it was dispatched in less than 24 hours from the first inquiry.
Replies to mails were swift and friendly, 11/10 customer service.

Let’s keep this thread alive for a good while yet and maybe Aimee can buy herself a bike from the extra sales in spring. :sunny::biking_woman::moon_cake::coffee:

4 Likes

Just spotted this and order with discount code. Thank you very much :+1:

After all the reviews on here I went and ordered one. Arrived the next day and couldn’t wait to use it. Did the 90 minutes of Antelope today and I think it’s the most enjoyable indoor session I’ve ever had! It’s performance blew me away. Took some time to get the angle of the output right but once I did it was exceptional.

Thanks so much to @hugo1 for the initial post that sparked my interest in this.

And great work by Aimee Thompson for adding it to their homepage as soon as this started on here Cycling: Cool Your Pain Cave with an Air Mover – by Cleva

4 Likes

Grabbed a Lifeline trainer table from Wiggle to complete the set, very happy with the setup for some serious suffering…

3 Likes

Recieved mine today, very happy with it.

Only needed the lowest setting at treshold and sweated less than I used to with 3 regular fans at max.
Nice to have something in reserve for when it gets warmer.

The airstream is wide enough really and covered all of my torso.
Only minor downside is that it’s not adjustable over a full 90° so it takes some bookstacking and adjusting to get right. Once set it’s fine though.

There is nothing that comes close for this price, even with mainland shipping costs added on.

4 Likes