Under/overs 2 days in a row?

I’m in week two of sustained power build mid vol and currently do not have access to a trainer so am doing all my workouts outside. I have a 22km path with zero interruptions but is somewhat inconsistent in gradient with no real up hill. I don’t think this would make for ideal route for over under’s and so was going to move sunday’s workout {2x30} to thursday and go to the hills where i can get steady uphill gradient to do both my over under workouts as I have more time to ride. I understand over/under’s are really taxing, would it make sense to do them two days in a row? Or just put up with a non ideal route instead potentially sacrificing workout quality. TIA!

Your body needs the rest day to heal itself. This process will make you stronger not the workout itself.
In my opinion, after over 2 month with Trainerroad, you should not be able to do another workout like Over/Unders on the next day. If you feel you can do it you should rather increase the intensity on the first workout.

2 Likes

I always have easy day before threshold and VO2max work, so no i would not recommend 2 over/under in 2 days.

2 Likes

Could be done, but make sure you take adequate rest after the 2nd day.

2 Likes