Vegetarian or Plant based cyclist?

+1, Violife stuff is really good.

Excellent thread. I year eating plant based and few year using TR. No noticeable change in training as it was a gradual change but really went all in the last year. Thanks for all the great information.

1 Like

Here a book of nut based cheese. I have the plant power Italia, and there are also nut based mozzarella and parmesan inside and I like Rich Roll.

On the Huel topic, I got a £10 off referral thing in my recent order. If anyone wants to try it out send me a DM (UK only I guess).

1 Like

We ( my whole family ) haven’t eaten any animal products for 4 years now. My partner loves cooking and she constantly experiments with all sorts of different plant-based foods, from vegetables, chickpeas and tofu to plant-based yeast.
I

In fact she’s gotten to a point, where people have been asking her to start posting her recipes. I am happy to link them here if you like.

5 Likes

would love to see the recipes. 8 months into going Vegan

2 Likes

Maybe we can open a threat only with recipes, would love it…

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying cooking from Meera Sodha’s Fresh India. Many recipes are vegan and others can be converted with the odd omission or substitution.

4 Likes

I am also a cyclist in training and living with a vegetarian lifestyle. However, because I live in a rural area, many of my favorite vegetarian and vegan brands are not available to me. So I have had to adapt my diet and utilize the many sources of vegetarian and vegan foods online. One of my favorite sources for vegetarian supplements and specialty brands is Urth Market. They feature an easy “scoring” system that helps me identify which products are Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free etc.

3 Likes

My partner has finally gotten her act together and started publishing her ideas and vegan recipes. Here’s one, for example:
https://julesnutrition.com.au/2019/04/25/lunch-menu-best-tofu-🥙/

Feel free to have a look, she’d be more than grateful if you provide a feedback.

4 Likes

Check out Kachava instead. Much healthier. There are a lot of isolates in Huel.

Vegan cyclist here for 8+ years. Competing in B grade races in New Zealand

3 Likes

Vegan for 10-11 ish years eating mostly whole foods (very carb centric). I find it easy to maintain weight without trying which is nice, never had this pre eating vegan. High FTP burns a lot of calories though and it’s kind of hard to eat enough sometimes.

2 Likes

I have no problem eating and getting the extra calories :wink:

2 Likes

Plant-Based too! I changed my diet for health, but started winning way more races after I changed my diet. I also used to yo-yo with my weight and it’s super steady for the last 6 years! Woohoo! I just released my very first digital cookbook. Easy recipes optimized for athletes! Here it is if you guys and gals are interested! :slight_smile: Plant Powered Academy Digital Cookbook – Moxy & Grit If there are plant-based newbies or plant-curious peeps in here, happy to help in any way I can!

12 Likes

Her Made in India is also excellent even though not exclusively vegetarian (but some GREAT vegetarian additions!)

1 Like

I mentioned your book to my partner, @SonyaLooney and she is definitely going to check it out!

Curious if there are any similarities between your recipes and the ones, that she’s been putting together.

https://julesnutrition.com.au/category/sports-nutrition/

1 Like

Once I scratched beneath the surface of the food industry there was no ignoring the atrocities that is known as animal agriculture. Plant-based athlete for a long time now, a true win win win situation, my health, the environment, and for the animals. No downside or negatives in relation to performance, the protein argument is comical (and ignorant).

9 Likes

Thanks for sending me her site. Looks amazing and healthy!! I’ll have to try some recipes!

1 Like

Cheers!

My partner has been using me as a guinea pig for her recipes, cooking to actually eating it. :smiley:

Feel free to leave feedback or questions under her posts.