Wahoo Head Wind Vs Lasko Performance

Boom!! Well done buddy :+1:

Heck. Now a friend wants me to bring one for him. Any chance other online source n

1 Like

I too use this Air King. Never have a problem with the amount of air it blows - even on a warm day with VO2max intervals. Honestly, I can’t find a reason to switch. I can’t comment on how loud it is compared to the Wahoo or Lasko, but I hear the tv and laptop well with it on full blast.

Currently got two fans running off a remote switch, cost less than $100 all up including fans, wahoo headwind is a rip-off.

the wahoo is suppose to have a 1 hp motor. Look them up not cheap plus the blue tooth control. So not to far off in price to a powerful blower fan. I run a 1/4 floor drier. Its enough just on level 1 power but it was 100 dollars.

I have a extention cord with extra sockets and an ON / OFF switch. That way i hang the extension cord near my bike so I can power off the fan/fans when I’m in between intervals👍

1 Like

I have the headwind. It took me a lot of internal conflict to lay down the cash for it. The price is CRAZY for a fan. After having it for over a month I really like it. It is set to my heart rate and that really helps me to be more aware of where my body / heart is during the workout. Frankly… When i bought it I had only had my trainer and Trainer Road for a couple of weeks so part of what drove me to buy it was excitement. I am actually glad I did. It is great that it is small and quiet. Still debating on the Kickr Climb. That one might be a little more than I need.

2 Likes

I’ve been following this thread for quite some time. For some reason just had not been ready to pull the trigger for $80.00 for the lasko pro performance fan. Its heating up where I live and my basement has been getting harder to manage the temps. Have been running 3 fans, 2 that I would say are pretty strong and see mentions of them on this thread. That said w/the longer sst intervals or longer vo2 max intervals heat management has been an issue. Long/short I picked this up yesterday and wow why did I wait this long is all I can say. Not only does it push a boat load of wind, the wind I find is cold/cool. A friend of mine who’s been on the fence about picking one up came over to check it out and that was his first comment “wow the air feels cold”. I’ll definitely be ditching my other 2nd fan for either one of these or the “max performance model”. To the comments about needing stop riding to switch on or change speeds I use a $10 lamp dimmer switch that runs up to the table next to that I keep my bottles, etc on that eliminates that issue, easy to dial back during rest intervals and crank up when going hard.

Just curious, is anyone running 2 lasko pros at the same time? I have a lasko pro and a lasko cyclone (not great lol) and now that it’s getting into summer I’m wondering if another pro, along with my portable AC unit, is a good upgrade from my other fan. I’ve got short power build coming up this week, gotta be able to suffer through higher power!

I run two performance and one traditiononal.

1. The smaller Lasko (branded as ‘Stanely’ from Ace Hardware) pointed at my face and upper chest.
  2. I have the larger official Lasko Performance pointed at my mid and lower chest.
  3. I also have a regular 18" Lasko at the rear that I can also oscillate to “stir” the air and get flow on my back.
2 Likes

I have 2, works great. One is pointed on my legs/waist. The other torso/head. Here’s the setup:

3 Likes

I just got the xpower p230 at!!! Omg! It’s awesome!!! Rpe was way down on first ride with it! Well happy.

1 Like

I like the forward facing controls on that model. I might have to try that for my next setup.

Since the Lasko style fans are popping up in the deals thread today, but that seems like the wrong place to post…

I recently set up my Lasko blower fan with a speed controller, basically just a simple triac circuit on an extension cord to allow control from my bike. Specifically, I’m using a router speed controller that I picked up from harbor freight a while back for another project. Its nice to hop on the bike with the fan off and then be able to ramp up or down the fan speed without pausing my workout. Unfortunately, it does limit the use of the built in outlets.

Not quite as hands-off as a headwind, but quite a bit cheaper.

2 Likes

I’m using some remote power switches (right now is a great time to get them at Home depot, they have a bunch with the Christmas stuff) and a light dimmer switch I wired into an extension cord. Works fine for the fan, and I have quite a bit of control so I can get just a slight breeze when it is cold in the garage. That router speed control is a good deal (looks like about $10 just for dimmer switch) as you don’t have to do any wiring. I have no desire to have power or HR based cooling, as I don’t think those would do what I want.

1 Like

Great post here. I’ve been using the honeywell (18 inch fan) and finally plunked down for a lasko (getting it this weekend to test it out) If these numbers are true, I don’t know how I’ve done so many years with the honeywell.