Wattbike Bluetooth Connectivity?

Hi everyone! First time posting …

I have access to a wattbike at a local training facility and can’t seem to get Trainerroad to connect to the wattbike. It has both Ant+ and Bluetooth capability and I’ve successfully connected the trainer to the Wattbike Hub app on my iPhone but can’t get Trainerroad to recognzie the device. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? I don’t see wattbike as a supported device but there are some outdated how to guides on the wattbike website for connecting to trainerroad.

-Bill

I’ve used it with a few different wattbike, if I remember correctly I had to start recording the ride (just ride) on the wattbike before it would see it on the trainerroad app on one bike I tried. After that the app seemed to find it fine when I just woke the wattbike up. Worth a go if u haven’t tried it.

1 Like

@Honsakwm If you check out the following help center article that goes over how to pair the Wattbike to TrainerRoad, there is a video that will walk you through the process!

https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201871784-Wattbike

1 Like

I’ve used a few different Wattbikes in various gyms. As Shane says above, I often find you need to press a few buttons on the Wattbike to get it to start broadcasting.

Generally I need to get on, start pedaling, press enter on the “Just Ride” section of the screen, enter my weight, and then find the Wattbike in the TrainerRoad app. Then good to go.

2 Likes

As above and also the Wattbike cannot connect to more than one device at a time so you need to make sure it’s not linked to Wattbike app, for example.

1 Like

The start pedalling advice worked for me after the wattbke and I looked blankly at each other the first time I tried…
I doesn’t seem to transmit before this?, so TR/SF apps didn’t ‘see’ it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will be heading back to my gym tomorrow to test this out! Cheers!

Hello

hope you can help me too!

I’ve been using TR on WattBike at the gym for two seasons now, I connect successfully using Bluetooth and record power and heartrate stats on Strava

The only annoying thing though is that the trainings do not record the distance data. Distance information does transfer through correctly when I use the Wattbike App but not TrainerRoad

I looked for additional information on this website and followed the online training but did not have any joy

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Ferdi

Hey @Ferdi72,

If you connect your Wattbike Model B via Bluetooth, you only get power and cadence, unfortunately, but if you connect via ANT+ you can also get speed, distance, and heart rate all sent to TrainerRoad as well. These Bluetooth limitations are a bug, but it is a bug that has proved difficult to resolve and has been put on the backburner while out Developers focus on more impactful bugs and features.

So for now, the best solution is to connect with ANT+ to your Wattbike. Depending on what type of device you are using, setting up your TrainerRoad Device to receive ANT+ signals could be relatively straightforward, or a bit complicated. You can learn about what is needed for your specific device here: TrainerRoad ANT+ Connectivity.

If you have any further questions or would like to troubleshoot further, go ahead and reach out to our Support Team and they will be happy to help you out one-on-one :slight_smile:

AH-A!!! Mystery solved!!! a

Thanks for sharing the link, very useful

I simply use the app on my iPhone, I now need to decide whether I want to get a Wahoo-made ANT+ key and an Apple-made 30-Pin to Lightning adapter OR I simply forget about my Strava stats… :smiley:

Have a good day!
Ferdi

1 Like