What are people making in their instant pot?

Tonight is split pea soup.
Later in the week I’m making mujadara and black lentils.

Oh man, those both look so good! How was the soup?

The soup is a staple around here. I add some diced pancetta at the beginning before I sauté the veg.

My Instant Pot just broke, I’m waiting for the replacement. I pressure cook beets and chickpeas and sometimes yams (when it is too cold outside to bake on the Q) to add to smoothies. Nothing fancy.

Nothing fancy for me: my pork roasts, boiled eggs, and potatoes. Vegetarian chili wouldn’t be a bad idea now that i think about it :thinking:

I’ve been on a serious Chinese food kick lately, so my big go-to is this chicken congee recipe, or sometimes a chicken fried rice recipe. When I’m feeling like unhealthy comfort food I usually reach for my beloved Parmesan risotto recipe.

I also generally love any recipe Gina Homolka from Skinny Taste posts, and she has a whole section on pressure cooker recipes now. I think this one is gonna get made this weekend.

Ooooh those look good, specially the fried rice! I have been making this mushroom and spinach risotto. I’m always amazed by how well it turns out. And a beef stew from Pinch of Yum.

I do eggs as well; they are so easy to peel for an egg curry if they’ve been cooked in the IP.

Those of you who do potatoes, @Dymerej & @apond58 - do you put them in on the rack with some water or what?

I chop them up into 1 inch or so cubes and use the basket that comes with it. Keep the potatoes out of the water

It’s crazy how much easier risotto is in an Instant Pot. Just as tasty, and WAY easier to make.

I’m a big fan of steel cut oats in the IP as well. I use this recipe but I usually doctor it. A favorite around my house is to add some brown sugar and real maple syrup or cinnamon. The oats take just as long as they do in a regular pot, but I love that it’s fire-and-forget. Dump the stuff in, start it, come back 30 minutes later and it’s ready to eat.

I hope this doesn’t go too far down the rabbit hole but what Instant Pot is everyone using? The risotto (both) looks phenom along with the stew, fried rice, soup…

I saw this on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1542656769&sr=1-3&keywords=instant+pot

Using this one

I have the 9 in 1 version of that. Got it cheap last year during Black Friday sales (it was cheaper than the 7 in 1).

I’ve got the Ultra.

I do the sweet potatoes out of the water with the skin on. I just want them soft to add to my smoothies.

I made this recipe last night. Delicious.

Plain chicken to eat as lunch/dinner all week whenever I don’t feel like making something else. Would like to try making ribs in it or something soon