What are people making in their Instant Pot (Crock Pot)?

Tonight is split pea soup.
Later in the week I’m making mujadara and black lentils.

4 Likes

Oh man, those both look so good! How was the soup?

The soup is a staple around here. I add some diced pancetta at the beginning before I sauté the veg.

1 Like

My Instant Pot just broke, I’m waiting for the replacement. I pressure cook beets and chickpeas and sometimes yams (when it is too cold outside to bake on the Q) to add to smoothies. Nothing fancy.

Nothing fancy for me: my pork roasts, boiled eggs, and potatoes. Vegetarian chili wouldn’t be a bad idea now that i think about it :thinking:

I’ve been on a serious Chinese food kick lately, so my big go-to is this chicken congee recipe, or sometimes a chicken fried rice recipe. When I’m feeling like unhealthy comfort food I usually reach for my beloved Parmesan risotto recipe.

I also generally love any recipe Gina Homolka from Skinny Taste posts, and she has a whole section on pressure cooker recipes now. I think this one is gonna get made this weekend.

Ooooh those look good, specially the fried rice! I have been making this mushroom and spinach risotto. I’m always amazed by how well it turns out. And a beef stew from Pinch of Yum.

I do eggs as well; they are so easy to peel for an egg curry if they’ve been cooked in the IP.

Those of you who do potatoes, @Dymerej & @apond58 - do you put them in on the rack with some water or what?

I chop them up into 1 inch or so cubes and use the basket that comes with it. Keep the potatoes out of the water

It’s crazy how much easier risotto is in an Instant Pot. Just as tasty, and WAY easier to make.

I’m a big fan of steel cut oats in the IP as well. I use this recipe but I usually doctor it. A favorite around my house is to add some brown sugar and real maple syrup or cinnamon. The oats take just as long as they do in a regular pot, but I love that it’s fire-and-forget. Dump the stuff in, start it, come back 30 minutes later and it’s ready to eat.

I hope this doesn’t go too far down the rabbit hole but what Instant Pot is everyone using? The risotto (both) looks phenom along with the stew, fried rice, soup…

I saw this on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Multi-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1542656769&sr=1-3&keywords=instant+pot

Using this one

1 Like

I have the 9 in 1 version of that. Got it cheap last year during Black Friday sales (it was cheaper than the 7 in 1).

1 Like

I’ve got the Ultra.

1 Like

I do the sweet potatoes out of the water with the skin on. I just want them soft to add to my smoothies.

3 Likes

I made this recipe last night. Delicious.

Plain chicken to eat as lunch/dinner all week whenever I don’t feel like making something else. Would like to try making ribs in it or something soon

I do want to try egg curry, but the fresh hard boiled eggs are so hard for me to peel, is there any way to easy peel the boiled eggs. You know, I always have a party with my friends so we need to prepare many eggs for once. I know there is many egg peelers, but don’t know weather they are wroth it.

All I ever use mine for is steelcut oatmeal

1 Like

well, I’m waiting for the right moment to make risotto bolongese. Instant Pot Risotto Bolognese Recipe | Pressure Cooking Today
Somebody here recommended burrito bowls. The recipe they linked to always burned on my instant pot. I use this one now. Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls - Tastes Better From Scratch
I think the big difference was just spraying the pot with cooking oil though.

The chicken congee looks amazing. But can you do me a favor and take a picture of the recommended serving size of 6g next time you make it? :wink:

1 Like