I’ve been looking for a wheelset specifically for Gravel Worlds (my A race for 2019). It’s on gravel roads, but is basically a glorified road race. Not really anything super gnarly and average speed could be somewhere in the 19-20mph range. I want something fast.
Going to play around with a couple options, but I think I’ll end up with a tubeless tire in the 30-32ish range, so I’m hoping to find a wider wheel so I don’t get absolutely killed on aerodynamics and handling. My stupid cx bike has a 15x100 front axle, so that’s important to keep in mind.
I don’t have a super strict budget, but would like to keep it under $2k at least.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- Enve 4.5 AR (I could find a used set for under $2k)
- Zipp 303 (I think these retail for slightly more than $2k, but you can get them for cheaper)
- HED Jet 4/6+ Disc (I think this would work for my purposes?)
- Mavic and Reynolds have both released new all-road wheels recently. Not sure how they performed aerodynamically.
- Random Chinese carbon, etc.
What else am I missing?