What Are You Eating

Lunch

Spinach, tomato, avocado, onion, nuts, grapes, blueberries, balsamic

Cous cous, tomato

4 Likes

Spinach & baby kale w/ almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, carrots, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and balsamic.
Wild Salmon sautéd w/ salt, pepper, & paprika in avocado oil (same for the asparagus).
Wild rice.

5 Likes

Some type of chorizo sausage pasta type deal.

3 Likes

This was my lunch. Couldn’t finish it so it ended up being lunch and dinner.

5 Likes

Picture from when I made it last week but ate the same for dinner tonight: roasted sweet potato slices, sautéed mushrooms, peppers and beans; avocado, cilantro sauce and feta for toppings.

3 Likes

quick and lazy meal tonight - asparagus risotto (Trader Joe’s) with shrimp and side of french green beans.

4 Likes

May look bland but very tasty and simple. 1 cup dry (but cooked) Quinoa, 1/2 chopped white onion, 1 can organic black beans, 1 1/2 cups homemade salsa mixed together.

5 Likes

Tonight’s dinner. A little mix of Japanese and Korean.

Starts off with Ikura (salmon roe) over rice with some Tsukemono (picked vegetables).

Main course is Soondubu (a spicy soft tofu stew) and of course…beer

4 Likes

Sweet potato soup with shredded chicken and homemade whole grain bagels

3 Likes

Dang everyone’s lunch looks so professional. I target a healthy lunch but it ain’t pretty. I pack it up and stuff it in my lunchbox. Lol

3 Likes

Banana and Kale smoothie with fresh turmeric and ginger, coconut water, chia, flax, barley grass.
Plus a scoop of protein powder.
My fave pre workout lunch, got Fang Mountain +1 in 2 hours.

4 Likes

@Minty_One That looks delicious. Reminds me of all the Japanese food I ate while living in that wonderful country. Are you a fan of NattĹŤ?

1 Like

Breakfast

2 eggs, grapes, oatmeal, almond milk, blueberries, some green seeds, carrot juice

Oh no no no no no no…lol. I eat almost everything in this world…except natto :sweat_smile:. I don’t care how good it is for you. I’ve given it a try multiple times in multiple ways and I just don’t like it. Do you?

Insert mom joke here

Ha! Yea, I used to hate nattĹŤ with a passion. Then I went on a week long ski trip to TĹŤhoku and it was served every morning. I was so hungry I forced myself to eat it. Now I love it.

I did discover a brand that is surprisingly tasty (pictured below). My favorite way to prepare it was to add a little spicy sesame seed oil, thinly diced negi, and a raw tamago (stirred into the hot gohan) then scoop it all up with nori. Totemo Oishi-desu :yum:

1 Like

What is natto?
(I could google it, but I’m lazy right now)

@Scheherazade It’s a staple breakfast food in Japan made from fermented soy-beans. It is very gooey. I have often heard it described as snotty boogers.

Most people with soy allergies can eat it though as the fermentation process removes the enzymes that cause soy sensitivity… Just a random fact for y’all :wink:

I had 2 lunches today :smiley:
Frontega chicken from Panera. I was still starving 2 hours later so I ate rice and a small piece of salmon.
Wife had a pasta dish with bacon for dinner :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Mmmm, I think the texture might be a turn off there!

I had a day out with my sister today and had a burger AND dessert at lunch - regretted it during my run later.