What Beer are you enjoying?

My beer from the summer Eiger beer with the North face in the background- great beer in a beautiful setting !

7 Likes

Kombucha is the new beer for non-drinkers.

2 Likes

Kirin Green Label

Not really a beer, but a “beer-like beverage with less than 67% malt content.”

Most Japanese beers taste pretty much exactly the same to me, so I figure I may as well drink a cheap one that has 70% less sugar!

2 Likes

A pint of Tribute and some chilli nuts, doesn’t get better than that! :yum:

6 Likes

yup, thats what I switch to when cutting out beer to lose a little weight. We buy the half gallons at Costco.

Stood on that line many times. Need to go back

1 Like

It’s Fall and I’m in upstate NY, so what else? Pumpkin! Second Tier Pumpking. 8.2%. Tasty!

3 Likes

@GregH omg, I thought I was the only one! This is my go-to for (somewhat) lower calorie beer consumption. Tastes far better than green Asahi too!

After a fairly lumpy ride this afternoon (67 ft/mi), I relaxed with a Founder’s Breakfast Stout.

2 Likes

@PeterDee , I’m quite surprised to find someone else enjoying it as well!!

My new favorite thread. Don’t over think it - Sam Adams Boston lager.

2 Likes

Kind of hooked on Green Flash and Elysian Space Dust followed by Scupin.

2 Likes

@chad, I had a Lead Dog this weekend that blew my mind. It’s called the Razzle Dazzle Milkshake DIPA and I didn’t know what to think - so many flavors. I’m not a huge fruity beer guy but it’s worth a taste. The Simtra Triple IPA from Knee Deep or the Dr Lupulin 3x are two of my local favorites right now.

8 Likes

Sculpin, especially Grapefruit Sculpin, was my go to for a long time when Ballast Point was mostly local here. Then they got bought out and now six packs are 50% more expensive for the same beer. Sucks, and I’ve moved on to other local west coast IPAs. I do enjoy a good Sculpin on tap from time to time.

In the house this week, another “San Diego sellout”m Lagunitas IPA. Easy drinking for an IPA, but one of my go tos.

1 Like

Writing while drinking this reply at modern times brewery… Its been one of my fav beers to have!

If you’re into hazy IPAs modern times or other half in Brooklyn is BOMB!!!

2 Likes

Last night I enjoyed a can of Stone FML (Fear Movie Lions). It is one of the better NE style DIPA’s I’ve had. Some can be overly juicy (like straight orange juice). This one is not. It has the right amount of juice with a good bit of hop bite.

I’m usually an IPA person, but this is the time of year where I start craving malts. Rogue Dead Guy is one of my go-to’s in the fall. I’ve also been enjoying some BBA imperial stouts. Stone’s woot stout is phenomenal this year. A local brewery (Southern Pines) brewed a BBA imperial stout called “Fruitjitzu” earlier this year. I managed to recently find and score another can of it. Love it because it is reminiscent of the mocha/java flavor profile in many good coffees.

Too many good beers to list!

@chad I’m starting to see Revision brews pop up here in NC. Here’s one I had a month or two ago.

3 Likes

Anyone in the Houston area needs to try Spindletap Brewery. The Houston Haze, or the Hops Drop Double IPA is on point.

Who knew @chad had branched out beyond coaching…

Belgian lambic.

9 Likes

On this day in 1814 a flood of beer in London killed 8 people. What away to go.