"What cycling product would you love to have but is not available on the market?"

This is my favourite so far, mostly for the cyborg’s accent

Something to do saddle fitting would be an interesting engineering challenge.

2 Likes

+1 to this

Also a wireless brake system would be awesome

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve also been in that situation and hated it.

Appreciate the input.

Isn’t there already something like this called CGM(Continuous Glucose Monitoring) where you attach a small sensor to your body with a sensor wire embedded into your skin that sends your real time glucose levels to your phine? Or are you thinking of something else?

2 Likes

I really like the idea. Good challenge.

Tasty snacks that allow replenishment of 100g carbs/hour without inducing nausea.

A decent way of being able to take on nutrition during a MTB race, without using gel pouches etc…

1 Like

Thanks. Hate racing and nausea!

Yep I have a hard enough time staying on the bike.

1. An aftermarket version of what BMC and Spesh have done integrating bottle cages and a gear/spares box so I don’t have to do what’s in the picture (the straps look crap and chafe the paint).
    IMG_0003
    The area beneath the cages is out of the wind, unused, and the right size for spares. (The Zipp bag contains a tube, CO2 and inflator, multitool, levers, patches, and a boot.) And yes, I’ve seen Topeak’s solution, with the little bag clipped to the bottom of one cage; I think it could be done better.

2. A way to integrate head unit mounting and a headlight, kinda like what Garmin did. But without the Garmin. Imagine an out-front mount, the bottom part of which is the light and the top of which holds inserts to mount your brand of head unit. And make two sizes: a be-seen size and a to-see size.

3. An uber seatpost. Imagine Canyon’s VCLS (for compliance) with an integrated, USB charged, head unit-controlled smart taillight. The idea here is that most seatposts are just alu or carbon sticks that hold our saddles, and many of us run taillights anyway. Add in some clever fit adjustments for whatever setback might be called for, and keep it light and bling, so it doesn’t look like an infomercial product.

4. A sidecar holding a four-by-eight-foot mirror beside you as you ride. Great for blocking crosswinds and admiring that handsome fella on the bicycle.

2 Likes

Agreed. I have a hard enough time not crashing on the trails here in Auburn Alabama USA.

:smile: Drone that follows you around, yells at you, makes cars adhere to 3’ clearance laws (yep we have that in Auburn AL USA)… No drafting option. I like it. Thanks for thinking way out of the box. Highly encouraged.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks.

I’ve had the idea of HUD integrated into cycling glasses from head unit data for years but never seriously considered making it.
Would make handling errors from staring at your stem less common!
Someone’s probably tried it already and failed I imagine

Some apps can be set up to give audio announcements at a set frequency, or when a metric eg heart rate or power, crosses a threshold. Not the same as a HUD with data present at all times, but avoids you having to look down at a screen.

I use this for MTB rides. Have announcements set up for every 2-5 mins depending on length of the ride. And an announcement triggered when my HR crosses a certain threshold.

Thank y’all for the input… I took a quick look at the old google glasses that appear to block one’s peripheral vision. I like the idea.

Think phil giamon wears a pair cant for the life of me remember the brand.

Yep Cinch is single sided…