"What cycling product would you love to have but is not available on the market?"

A hard plastic case that you can put over your discs when packing your wheels for travel, to stop them being damaged in transit.

Same as what is shown at 2:42 in GPLama’s video of the Borson Bag

Can’t find these anywhere.

1 Like

Garmin Varia vision. Not cheap!

+1 Storage is always my big grip with bikes, have to carry some extra stuff becuase I am T1 Diabetic, and going on the quick chain gang with pockets bulging or thing hanging off a aero road bike … makes me sad

+1 for suggestion 1. This could be done by fastening some sort of adjustable triangular container to the two tubes – a sort of adjustable version of the Spesh box.

Suggestion 2: K-Edge make a mount that fits Wahoo on the top, with a go-pro mount below.

Suggestion 3: neat, but the current system [post + light] is flexible and simple. What is gained?

Suggestion 4: rather than a mirror beside you, what about a fan behind you to push you along [like a backward mounted propeller]. Or a fan mounted on your helmet for when you are going uphill, slowly…

What about “foam” inserts for tyres, to remove the need for inner tubes forever? There are some on the market, but the web does not give them high marks yet.

What about a wireless dynamo to power your devices on long rides?

Spindle based power meters are left sided only for a reason. The force that you are producing with your left leg is travelling into the pedal, along the crank arm, through the BB spindle, and then into the spider and to the chain. The force that comes from the right leg goes through the pedal and the crank to the spider to the chain - it doesn’t go through the spindle.
I don’t know if there are any MTB suitable spider based power meters, but if you want 2 sided power, the only locations that see both are 2 pedals, 2 cranks, the spider or the hub (both which will have a mix of left and right power).

3D printing has evolved so much that one would think that it is possible once the optimum body contour/fit tool could be developed. Thanks.

Appreciate the input.

Thanks. Are existing storage systems too small, too clumsy… It reads like a bento style box doesn’t satisfy your requirements.

Thanks

On 2: I had a L&M Taz light with a gopro mount, and I considered using the K-Edge you mention. Until discovering that the light has an up-side, and the mount would hang it upside down. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

On 3: Aesthetics. I’m just super picky about things that look “added on.” A tail light that’s built in would be all stealth when not on. Also why I don’t like saddle bags (and because they partially obstruct my taillight, which is the tall and skinny kind).

To Clumsy, To Small. Bento Boxes are great BUT look freckin stupid on the likes of a Trek Madone or Aeroad, Just want somewhere to store the essentials and free up a little room in the jersey pockets, have a Pro Stealth saddle, and that has bolts for attachments (like the fizik) but all the attachment are 5 foot from the the saddle and look silly.

I really don’t understand why fizik\shamano don’t integrate the storage into the saddle and make it part of the (aero) shape of the saddle

As was said in the OP that I replied to, the Topeak (ninja) under water bottle is a good idea, but not done very well, I liked where the zipp bag was placed, if I can’t find a better solution that might be where I go

This is a little vain, I want extra storage but I also want me expensive aero bike to look like a expensive aero bike, next bike I buy may well be a specialized just because of the SWAT boxes, shame others don’t do the same

I wouldn’t trust wireless braking. (But I accidentally clicked like. :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. This helps.

1 Like

I wouldn’t either but if they were found to be trustworthy they would be super cool.

What if you had a little motor driving the brakes – like the one that drives derailleurs in Di2? Then you could have wireless… Now ther’s an idea, OP.
[You, not me, though]

“Cycling Power Meter at a Breakthrough Price”

Some will get the reference…

2 Likes

I would like some pedals (both road and MTB) that guide your foot to make clipping in super easy. Perhaps a pedal instrument landing system (with a glideslope and a localizer :slight_smile:) would help.

I didn’t get the reference when I first read the post but it was pretty easy to locate. Thanks for sharing.

Yep. I’m still on flats for MTB as I am more terrified of not getting out. Understood on the in part also.

I thought Selle Italia has a saddle fit solution in place already.