WHAT DID YOU DO TR NATION - How did you spend the last 72hrs of 2018 preparing for 2019

What training did you do in the 72hrs leading up to the start of 2019? Did you spend on the trails, the road, or on the TRainer?
For me it went like this:
Saturday MTB 125km 2495meters climbing
Sunday Strength Training TRX
Monday MTB 51km 1300meters climbing
WHAT DID YOU DO TR NATION?

1 Like

Road Ride-55 miles 2900 ft
Rest
TR-Echo 1:30

1 Like

Palisade (Sat) and Eclipse (Sun)…Good times!

1 Like

Coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose. Hoping for no colds in 2019!

2 Likes

Cross contry skiing and enjoying life with my kids. Last week was my recovery week.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :snowflake:

3 Likes

I went after a 2018 bonus goal!
The main reason I started using TR was to get better at climbing on my MTB. I already smashed two climbs that I had in mind as good indicators of whether or not the training was working but there was one more that I still wasn’t sure I could clean.
On Saturday I saddled up my trusty hardtail and I killed it! That climb, affectionately known as “The Wall” around here has been a goal of mine for over 6 years. Roughly 600 feet of gain within 1 mile, ranging from 9% to 18% grade. Loose over hard, bumpy fire road.
I could not have done it with out TrainerRoad, The Ask a Cycling coach Podcast and The MTB Podcast.

Bonus to my bonus: There was a rider watching me from the top. He celebrated with me when I got to the top and welcomed me to the club!

3 Likes

Yeah!

Yeah baby! Congrats! Did you are you following a certain plan or mixing and matching per your needs?

Carson and a 85km ride outside, some cobblestones and legendary hills from the “tour of flanders” :wink:

1 Like

Bravo! I thought about trying cross country skiing but due to ACL surgery, lack of balance and never having mastered let alone learning how to ski it will more than likely never happen now.

WoooWhooo, Great way to enter 2019!!!

1 Like

Bashful +6 , Day off, Paying Entry fees for 2019 races

1 Like

Hang in there… Yes it’s easier said than done but recover then come back… we always try to come back too soon and then extend our down time. Maybe you can do some light stretching or lite strength tng as you recovery if not don’t sweat it you’ll be back in the saddle soon!

Hahahah that’s great not only are your training but you are organized ahahahha I just looked up Bashful +6 its tough workout, Gook Luck

1 Like

Yes Good Time! But the song that came to mind for reasons i dont know is Lennons Stange Days Indeed… You are rolling into 2019!

1 Like

Sat 1h20 on Polar Bear
Sun 50min run followed by tea, cake and a 30min ride with a friend
Mon 3hrs on Putuo followed by a lot of rest, then NYE dinner at midnight
Tue Recovery day, 5hrs gardening

Hoping to ride tomorrow morning but I need to get my lights and kit together.

1 Like

Yes the Full Monty riding climbing and the trainer! You go boy!!!

Wow! It sounds like you have full plate…I like milk with my cake vs tea but like the idea of capping off that cake with a 30min ride.

1 Like

Honestly, the first half of last year was haphazardly working my way through SSB1 low volume. I decided to buckle down and focus on consistency in September , so I have only completed SSB1 low volume and I am currently working on SSB2 low volume. Being an untrained mountain bike enthusiast I gained a lot just from pedalling technique alone!

1 Like

I slept. A lot. Also spent time with wife, dog, and friends. It was nice to not focus on training for a few days! An unseasonably warm day saw me go ride for an hour in my local park.

1 Like