What GRAVEL races/rides are you planning for 2020?

In the Mid-Atlantic I am doing the Appalachian Journey race/ride in Floyd, VA. April 11. Duo team format and beautiful scenery.

June 6 - Devil’s Backbone is 50/50 road/gravel with some steep and long climbs/descents. Roseland, VA. And on the 7th is a metric century road ride – all in the Blue Ridge mountains.

5 Likes

Yes. The first year I did it on my fat bike and last year on my cross bike. Most of the climbing is in between check point 2-3 in the Manistee forest area. It’s an absolutely beautiful route across the mitten, highly recommend.

2 Likes

Rasputista, VT Overland, Wilmington-Whiteface 100k(I guess technically MTB), plently of smaller local VT rides too

2 Likes

This is a race in Herman, MO that I’ve done in the past. Scheduled for May 2-3 this year.

Two days, 200-ish miles total. Unfortunately, I won’t make it this year. All, or a portion of it, might be a good shakedown for the DK200.

AJ

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning these, might have to head down from DC and make a weekend of it.

2 Likes

Mid South 100
Steamboat Gravel
Gravelpocalypse 150

Haven’t decided on Kanza yet.

1 Like

Mostly local ones except for Mid South, which is pretty close too–about 4 hours. I’ve signed up for the first three so far. I did the others last year so will likely do them again.

1. Texas Chainring Massacre
  2. Greenville Rambler 100
  3. Mid South 100
  4. Hell of the North Texas
  5. Red River Riot
  6. Hillsboro Hustle
4 Likes

Awesome looking list here! I’ll be at Lost and Found as well as the Tour de Placer Roubaix. Not a gravel ride, but I can’t pass up on the Tahoe 100k again this year. We’re so lucky to have so many amazing rides here in Norcal. I just looked at the Usal Hopper, that looks amazing! May have to pull the trigger on that one this fall!

2 Likes

I’ll be at each of these as well except the Mid South 100. Just riding the 50k at the Chainring Massacre cause its my daughters birthday. Also doing Chupacabra 200 at the Hotter’n Hell (100m road, 100k gravel).

2 Likes

As Tsquared mentioned, Coast to Coast is a great race. I did it last year. I would highly recommend looking into the route a bit. I missed the race meeting due to a vehicular issue and I was fairly naive thinking gravel is gravel and just got after it. The third leg had a lot of sand and made things interesting. I am doing it again this year and want to shave a couple hours off of my time if anyone wants to pull me around for a bit…

B

2 Likes

Mainly mountain biking but have the following two scheduled at the moment.

Rebecca’s Private Idaho 100 mile
Big Sugar

3 Likes

Barry Roubaix 100 mile
SBTGRVL

3 Likes

Barry Roubaix
Black Fork Gravel Grinder (Loudon, OH)
Hilly Billy Roubaix (WV)
UnPAved

3 Likes

Another one you might check out, is Badlands gravel battle in Medora, ND, as it’s sort of in your area. It’s gorgeous scenery, and a pretty serious route. I grew up in that area and keep meaning to get back to do it.

2 Likes

As a start for me this year, I’m sure I’ll be adding more as spring goes on:
Black Fork Gravel Grinder
Gravel Grovel
Death March (potentially)
I’ll waitlist for Barry Roubaix if I’m not traveling for work

1 Like

it’s not cheap but their recon camp includes entry https://sbtgrvl.com/recon-camp/

1 Like

Devil’s Backbone is always a fun weekend and is adjacent to Wintergreen resort. Definitely worth coming down, and I made some good friends from the DC area doing that ride.

2 Likes

That should be an official part of the SBTGRVL, INC. name (Steamboat Gravel, It’s Not Cheap) since they are among the higher priced gravel options. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Awesome thread, I’m on the other side of the Atlantic but I’m seriously thinking of a gravel A race this year in North America

2 Likes

Right now:

Rock Cobbler
BWR
DK200
Tushar
Gravel Worlds

I’d really like to get up to NorCal for the Grasshopper series but I’m not sure if that will happen.

1 Like