What is your next season goal?

@Bestevaer I don’t know that I can offer qualified advice! I’ve been over 200 a few times & under 5hrs for a hundo a few times but 240 under 12 is a reach out. I was gonna do it in September but circumstances did not permit the attempt…but I felt like I had a real shot. All that training was outdoors. Tuesday VO2, Thursday Hour of Power, Saturday Hundo, 160 to 230 miles a week. Pretty basic.

I take down 300 to 360 cals/hr.

No support. Pfft. I wish! Ha! I do keep a satellite beacon that has SOS capability.

I have not used a powermeter outdoors.

RE: trainerroad, I completed a base meso, which is the only TR training I’ve ever done, and then did a hundo just as a sanity check. That was a flat hundo on a gravel bike…no wind…cool conditions…and it took me 5hrs 15min. So I don’t know that there have been any observable benefits to THAT SPECIFIC type of effort yet. I’m at the end of sustained power build right now. So I’ll do another hundo sanity check in a week or so & we’ll see.

But my baseline MAP power number is up probably 25% since I started. And that’s from a fairly well trained condition. So in this respect TR is working it’s magic, for sure.

Cool thread! My goals for 2019 are to:

• Finish with the pack in all of my A & B races (Cat 4).
  • Increase FTP by 5% (from 234 to 245.7+) and improve my 3, 5, and 20-minute power. I weigh 127lbs right now so already sitting at 4.06 w/kg, just really need to be able to hold high power for longer durations to keep up with the bigger riders!
  • Remedy knee pain and breathing issues by continued work with a new Physical Therapist.
  • Race my first gravel event(s)! Would really love to ride Grinduro here in CA.