What’s your drivetrain brand poll? NOT argument!

SRAM etap hrd. I was previously on Shimano but I really like the way etap works. It’s super intuitive and I find the Shimano system clunky when I go back to my trainer bike.

Im running Shimano on one bike and campy on another. Using power meter pedals, so no need to use the same system on both bikes. (I voted campy given the lack of possibilities, to reflect that some riders actually ride campy :slight_smile: )

eTap on both the TT and road bike.

Have Ultegra on my road bike and Campy Pista on my fixie.

I’d consider DI2 upgrade or equivalent but otherwise pretty happy with Shimano to be honest.

Everything in our house is Shimano 11 speed for easy comparability however I’m considering get a red etap transmission set for my race bike.

Shimano only. I don’t know how anyone can use 1x on a MTNb and not have double clicks both up and down

@tigloo I’m looking at this combination - how do you find it?

Tourer has Middleburn cranks with Gates Belt Drive for the Rohloff Speedhub but the shifting is modified SRAM.

1 Like

Shimano Ultegra across all my bikes. I can’t imagine not-having brake-lever shifting. Another bike forum I frequent is pretty hard on SRAM, so that may have poisioned my opinion, but I’m pretty much set with Ultegra for life.

That being said, maybe I’ll ride a SRAM eTap and fall in love with it, one day, who knows?

Long time SRAM user in the midst of transitioning to Shimano. Had too many problems with SRAM front derailleurs over the past 2-3 years. Still love their stuff and ride it, but won’t buy it again

Used Campag back in the 90s then onto Shimano for nearly 20 years. Swapped from Di2 onto Campag Super Record mechanical last year. Absolutely no regrets with the swap to Campag or going back to mechanical shift.

My aforementioned forum has basically said the same thing, repeatedly.

When SRAM introduced electronic front-derailleur shifting, someone quipped: “SRAM – we are so shit at mechanical front-shifting that we’re just going to stop trying”

While most of my bikes have Shimano, my commuter has a Gates Carbon belt and a Pinion bottom bracket transmission.

Meanwhile, I converted my 1980s Guerciotti from Campy to Ultegra 6700 because that was the only way to use Sheldon Brown’s 9-of-10-speed solution for the 126 mm rear hub width.

Moved to mostly SRAM as of late. Just feels better for some reason and seems to “just work” better. Surprised to see how lopsided Shimano is in the poll.

Come to think of it I’m SRAM on all bikes now. Road, TT, CX.

I am very happy. The Power2Max “just works”, no calibration and absolutely zero interaction. The Rotor cranks are very easy to mount. They have a YouTube video online for illustration and it’s almost Plug&Play. While riding I don’t feel any difference to the Ultegra but I’m also not a very experienced biker.

Since I mounted it on a Giant Defy, I probably increased the overall bike’s value by at least 50%, but it definitely enhanced my training a lot (coming from no power meter at all).

1 Like

Thanks. I want to take my training outdoors now the weather is more reasonable and this seems like the best route. I have ordered! Will let you know how I get on.

I’ve never bought a bike that had anything other than Shimano on it, so I’ve just stuck to it. No preference, just always been easiest for me.

Campy must be doing something right to stay in business given the above numbers.
If all the gear spacing was compatible I would have gone with more Campy. Sram was able to migrate Shimano users this way.

1 Like

My first bike had Shimano 105, now I am using Ultegra Di2 which is great. Test rode a bike with SRAM Force and I really liked the tactile feel.

If I were to go back to mech I think I would choose SRAM.

I’m cheating a bit - using Shimano, but with FSA chainrings…