What tires are you digging right now?

I just tried Donnelly/Clement BOS this past weekend in a dry CX race. We had some rain during the week so i switched to these thinking there might be some much patches.

I really liked them. A whole lot more confidence inspiring that the Schwalbe X-one’s.

Good on the off camber stuff and rolled through corners without touching the brakes. These felt very predictable unlike the X-one.

Ran them at 33psi Front/ 35 Rear. @ 180lbs

1 Like

Road bike has Continental GP 4000. E-bike commuter has a gator skin on the front and a Tannus solid tire on the rear. Works great!

Winter bike and commute bike - Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Folding, 28mm front and 25mm rear used Gator skins for years

Summer and TT bikes - Schwalbe One Folding 25mm

Mountain bike - Maxxis Minion DHF Wide Trail - 3C - EXO 2.5in Front and Maxxis Minion DHR II Tyre - EXO - TR 2.3in rear

1 Like

Road Bike:
Continental Grand Prix 4 Seasons
28mm Front & Back 80 PSI

I weigh nearly 100Kg so the marginal gains of a lighter tire are not enough to ride with faster, less puncture resistant tire.

2 Likes

Michelin Power Competition 25C on my “competition bikes”.
Continentan Grand Prix 4000 SII 25C on my “training bikes”.
Michelin Pro4 Endurance 28C on my the “worst roads and winter bike”.

Any chance in getting a Yeti sb100 review from you on the podcast or forum?

Continental Grand Prix 4 Seasons
28mm 80 PSI on both for all outdoor training and endurance events. Probably over 1000 miles now and zero flats and they handle so good. Way more traction than I’m willing to push on tarmac.

1 Like

My experience exactly.

Also, they don’t shead rubber on the wheel on trainer, but they are noisier.

This year I decided my ‘thing’ for CX would be playing with tyres, having run through all last year on one pair. I’ve really enjoyed trying different styles. Right now, I’m running Challenge Grifo tubs for just about everything, with Grifo clinchers on my pit wheels. I’ve found them to work on everything from dry dusty to wet cut up grassy mud. I’ve not had a proper quagmire race yet, but when I do I’ll switch over to Linus clinchers on my pit wheels and run them as primary. I was late to the party buying Challenge Chicanes, but they’ve been a revelation too and I wish I’d had them for the hot dry races in September. I ran them once and loved the speed and traction.

Road, Vittoria Corsa control 25c great levels of grip and fast rolling.
Mtb conti Barron front and rear as we just ride muddy slick trails in Scotland.
Cx, Challenge limus great in really muddy conditions,
Gravel, mavic yukison all road

Road and TT: GP4000sII 23/25

WInter roadbike: Gatorskin 25

Trainer back wheel: red Vittoria turbo tyre 23

FMB Super Mud PRO 33 Green.

Grip like velcro and look sick as…

I run GP4000s on my fixed gear and GP GTs on my road bike all 25c. I think I might go to the new GP5000 tubeless on my fixed gear next spring but my road bike will have to wait for a wheel upgrade.

My Cannondale came with Mavic tires. I bought one more before the Conti’s. Now I have 3 to shred on the trainer! :+1:t3:

MTB XC , Last year I rode/raced on Maxxis Ikons FT/Rear, this year I changed up a bit on the front with a Maxxis Rekon and it seems to be a bit more predictable when its going to let loose when diving hard into corners at speed, to me its worth the trade off more confidence vs less rolling resistance.

Road Continental GP4000S II 23mm on HED Belgium + rims - largest tire / rim combination that will fit in my road bike with Continental race lite tubes

Gravel Schwalbe G-One 38mm - run tubeless

S-works cotton 26. Have 3300 miles on them and they are still fine. I weight about 170 lbs so I am not a light weight. I run them at 90psi. The ride is fantastic and I love the yellow side wall.

2 Likes

I guess I’m an oddball. I run Pirelli PZero Velo, having switched away from GP4k. Obviously road use only, although they did endure a bunch of gravel and dirt on Haute Route Asheville this spring. No issues.

1 Like

Hmm. I took advantage of the Black Friday specials to sign up for Haute Route Asheville. It has a lot of dirt and gravel?!? I’m on Schwalbe Pro Ones and assume that’ll work.

XC TIRES

I support this. Vittoria have over the last year’s done something right to their MTB tires. I belive they changed compound in 2017 (or was it this year?). Anyways… want to recommend Barzo from them. Realy great allrounder like Mezcal but weatherproof.

My go to tires at the moment for XCM races mainly on single track (natural trails). They feel safe even on wet roots and rock, and add not that mutch rolling resistance over Mezcal or Spesialized Fast Track (my previous go to). So if you don’t know if it will rain, they are a safe bet.

I do 2.25 front and rear. Mezcal or FT rear if the weather is nice (might go down a size too in width), but keeping Barzo up front.

Also, the tan sidewalls look good.