What type of sunglasses are you guys wearing?

Jawbreakers w/ photochromatic lense when riding early or late and the Prizm polarized for mid day rides.

2 Likes

Vegan Cyclist is that you?!

I wear Oakley Flak 2.0s. I wish I had sprung for the Prism lenses, back when I bought them, because I wear prescription lenses (can’t wear contacts) so replacing the lenses would be a multi-week, multi-hundred-dollar proposition. I really like them, otherwise; they wrap around my face, nicely, and hug just tightly enough that I really don’t need to adjust them. I have them with disco orange tinted lenses, as that matches my racing kit and my wife likes them because it makes me look like I’m not a tryhard.

2 Likes

He wears fake POCs. I got the pink ones to match my cages and bar tape.

Your sunglasses game is on point. I concede the match, dear sir.

When I’m fluffing around, I wear Siroko Galbier (https://www.siroko.com/products/gafas-siroko-tech-k3-galibier) Thanks to a rec’ from Cameron Jeffers (Saint Piran).

When I’m not fluffing about, Oakley Radar EV Path

1 Like

Oakley Flight Jackets here. Love the Prizm lenses, and the ability to flip the little switch on the nose piece to get the lens away from your face if it starts to fog up.

3 Likes

I’ve got Jawbreakers with a couple of different lenses. I love the photochromatic since I do a lot of early rides, and leave when it’s dark for 6 months of the year. If their dark tint was a little darker they would be the perfect lens, as it is they aren’t tinted enough when it gets bright. I’ve got the prizm road lenses, which I think are pretty underwhelming to be honest. They’re not bad, just with all the raving I thought they’d be more noticeably different than other lenses. I think the contrast enhancing is probably more important when mountain biking, I’ve never had a problem on the road. Still a good lens though. And I’ve got one of their darker lenses, which are great for full sun in summer.

The Jawbreakers I like a lot, although I find the logos on the side which hold the lens get into your peripheral vision a little. I tried buying some chinese knockoffs just to put my other lenses in so I didn’t need to swap as often, but the nose piece on the ones I got was faulty. Completely unusable. I do find they fog up if I don’t use the thicker nosepiece they come with.

I had some Tifosi’s before these, and they were fine, I prefer the look of the Jawbreakers, and the larger lenses.

1 Like

Whatever sponsor we have for the year. Lately it’s ben Bolle. The shifters are nice.

Rudy Project Horus.

The design is a bit dated, but have remained incredibly popular for many years due to the ability to swap lenses and their ability to handle even the most difficult prescriptions. I purchased them online from a great U.S. based store, SportRx, that has great customer service.

I had Oakley Half Jacket’s for years - a great glass as well. But Oakley can’t handle difficult prescriptions in their cycling glasses.

1 Like

Oakley Crossranges for most rides and runs. Sometimes The Radars.

1 Like

I also used to wear Oakley’s but I’ve been wearing 100% the last few years and really like them. I prefer the “smaller” Speedcraft SL to the normal Speedcrafts.

2 Likes

Oakley Custom RadarLock. Have 2 pair and have been wearing them every day for driving and cycling for 4 years. Lenses are changeable so I have 4 different lenses. I don’t leave home without them unless I’m driving in the dark but on my bike I roll with the clear lenses in the dark. Absolute durability and great scratch resistance. Vented lenses don’t fog and the non vented fog only when you are steaming and the outside is cool and you are standing still say at a light. But once you get moving they clear in a few seconds. Can’t say enough good things about them and the replaceable lenses simply are a must have for me now.

1 Like

I had Smith PIvlocks but recently bought a pair of Jawbreakers. Never buying anything except some Prizm Oakleys again.

1 Like

I had Oakley Flack Jackets for a while (photochromatic), but then someone stole them from my car. :rage: They won’t have much use for them - they were prescription lenses! I’m currently using Optilabs Rascal - much cheaper than the Oakleys (£160 compared to £450!), but not quite as good.
I am visiting the optician soon and I suspect my prescription is going to change, so I’m probably in the market for some new glasses. I was finding that in my TT position the top bar interferes with my vision - does anyone else have this issue, and how are you getting around it? I’d rather avoid contacts if possible.

3 Likes

Oakley EVZero Prizm
best alltime buy for me
very light, cover well from wind, excellent visibility and without any distortion at all angles and optimal lens colour

1 Like

I ride for a Rudy Project sponsored team, and I’m really pleased with both the Fotonyk and Tralyx glasses. They’re super durable, great coverage, have just enough tint, and have exchangeable lenses. Many of my teammates use the Defender, and are equally as pleased.

As a word of experience - you can always get these on some sort of sale too. Nobody pays the advertised price.

2 Likes

I’ve lost a lot of money in expensive pairs over the years, my low range Tifosi are scratched up, I wear cheap glasses from Decathlon: £4 to £12

I do have a penchant for Persol when less active though.

1 Like

Alpina S-Way QVM+

Tried many but this stayed, I wanted one with Varioflex and minimal fogging. Does it’s job.

1 Like

Uh, sir, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I’m not sure you are using sunglasses, correctly :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I ride with different glasses depending on my mood/what kit I’m wearing (matchy matchy)…

• Couple pairs of Oakley Jawbreakers w/ either Prizm Road red or blue lenses, or clear at night/early morning (retina burn yellow and splatter fade teal/black). Can’t really go wrong with Jawbreakers.
  • A pair of the low visibility Oakley Flight Jackets (https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OO9401?variant=888392342331). This are awesome at both dusk and dawn. They add a whole lot of contrast. The only thing I don’t like about the Flight Jacket is the inability to change lenses.
  • Pair of the Oakley Windjacket 2.0s in hot pink for when I’m feeling really flashy. I love the full coverage they give. These are actually in the snow line, not cycling. (https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/WGOO7072?variant=888392358707)
  • A few pairs of 100% Speedtraps in different colors. I just got these recently and they’re quickly becoming my favorites. Very comfortable and they don’t obstruct your periphery very much at all. (Shop 100% Speedtrap - Premium Performance | Ride 100%)
1 Like