What workout did you do today? (2020)

Eclipse for me this morning.

With a reward after…(whole wheat though)

16 Likes

Mary Austin-3

I forgot how much threshold work right after an ftp bump sucks. Survived 2 minutes at a time and reminding myself raising my threshold is everything right now (so that when I get to the end of a race I have some gas left)

14 Likes

Hard after FTP bump but survived though I had to chop one interval off as its our eldest daughters birthday party today. :crazy_face::grinning:

15 Likes

I feel that same pain - after an FTP bump. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

… but it’s the banana that makes it inedible… tainted, even :stuck_out_tongue:
#SchoolboyTrauma #ForcefedByEvilNuns

1 Like

Did Eclipse today, surprisingly manageable after failing Palisade yesterday. Oddly enough the middle 20min was the hardest… :thinking:

12 Likes

Back to Build after 5 easy days recovering properly (beer, wine and all pizza counts ok).

I knocked the intensity down to 99% as the first few post-interval summaries were showing me slightly under target even when fairly fresh. I felt a bit deflated as the trend continued throughout as I continued to destroy myself!

Looking at the aftermath however, I over-shot the target watts on 80+ of the 99 micro bursts. The numbers at the end would’ve been much more motivating mid-workout! At least I know for next time micro bursts are on the menu.

18 Likes

Was planning to do a crit but it was cancelled cos of storm Dennis. Skipped a few sprints but got most done

15 Likes

Looking on strava I can see a lot of indoor workouts today thanks to Dennis

2 Likes

Monitor+4 today - have been combing the workout library for SS sessions I haven’t done as I don’t feel really ill but have had a head cold/sore throat all week (but resting HR is ok!) so even though I am supposed to be in build I don’t fancy killing myself at 108% FTP. Oddly I’m rarely ill but this year and last it was when I started doing sessions like Wilhelm/Red Lake that I came down with a virus…mind you it could be that both times that was February which really is virus season if you teach in the UK! Still today felt pretty easy as I had yesterday off - 2 hours SS tomorrow as we have another named storm (Dennis!!) blowing everything around here so no group ride…then maybe some VO2/super threshold stuff next week as I’m on half term holiday! :grin:

8 Likes

Leconte:

Nice about-face from Lamarck the other day: got on the trainer pretty sure I could crush it. I did skip the out-of-saddle drills at the end because they’re hard and I’m chicken, but this was otherwise entirely reasonable.

That’s SSB2MV wrapped! Pretty excited for recovery week, it’s gonna feel like vacation.

21 Likes

Black Hawk +2 - another over threshold workout this week and definitely the hardest. I had to broke last interval into two parts and back pedal for 15s near the end of the third one. Really nice TiZ. Note to myself - I should progress to 10 min at 105÷ not go at once.

17 Likes

Spruce Knob for me. Went +2 for the added endurance, and ended up adding a bit more due to getting to the end of the second episode of Narco’s Mexico Season 2! Skipped all the drills, as I was concentrating on the subtitles. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Palisade this morning. End of SSB1LV. Felt strong and bumped up last two intervals to 103%. I can sense an FTP bump coming on my next assessment (I’m going to do both the ramp test and hour record for comparison)

10 Likes

Today was a hard but still a doable workout. Actually, I found out some masochist from myself since was enjoying this workout. Workout was Carpathian Peak +2.

19 Likes

Murdock’s Irish Pub certainly got the best of me yesterday. Got myself a nice hangover.
Glad I still got my sweetspot and brick workout in. Attaboy!

15 Likes

Instead of the scheduled workout today I joined my brother in virtual london to knock out the PRL Half route. 4 times up leith hill and then around the mall for a (pretty tired) sprint finish in front of the crowds. I went first… he went harder. I find it difficult to get a hard “kick” on the trainer… Im sure its a technique problem but Im not sure what Im doing wrong.

17 Likes

I’m sorry, @chad. I failed you. We’ll get ‘em next time.

20 Likes

Did (or more precisely, “did”) Kaweah today, and got confirmation that my ramp test FTP from last Moday is seriously inflated. There was no way I could have completed the workout with prescribed wattages.

I guess it’s best to eat a humble pie, and lower my FTP, so I could finish the harder workouts with good spirits instead of wrecking myself :-1:

16 Likes

Recovery week so did my 90min endurance outdoors plus some more.

I didn’t want to miss the beautiful conditions! :wink:

17 Likes