What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

I did the same one and wanted to quit for 50 straight minutes :face_vomiting:

8 Likes

Hurd -2

Good cure for a hangover. Happy New Year folks.

11 Likes

Starting off 2020 in the dark place. Nursing a new upper lumbar disc injury I somehow gave myself snowboarding the other day (thank goodness for prednisone!) & fighting a cold the other half of our household caught over the last couple of days. Galena was tough today. Hopefully I’m in a better place Friday for Wright Peak -1 followed by Galena +3 Saturday & to round out my base block Sunday with another crack at Galena. Much. Needed recovery week next week!

11 Likes

Started with Flattop into Galena but bailed 2/3 of way through after last nights antics

9 Likes

Outdoor Cumberland to start off 2020 right. Love that TR added this functionality and works great. Thanks @Nate_Pearson and team. Felt pretty good even though it was a little cold and slightly windy. The drops in power were where I slowed down each time on the loop I was riding to turn around.

Clip on aero bars on my Trek Emonda working out all right. Not a tri bike but its about the engine right?? :grin:

11 Likes

Some weights. Couldnt really face doing anything early in the day so this was an evening compromise of sorts.

6 Likes

Collins +1 - legs feeling ready for pierce tomorrow. Those sprints break it up nicely too. May end up being one of my go to endurance rides from now on.

12 Likes

Fletcher

2 Likes

Lots of trips up a ladder over 5 hours to put away Christmas decorations, and then 90 minutes doing 3x15-min intervals. Great way to kickoff 2020 :smile:

13 Likes

Started with some deadlifts and squats, then butchered my ramp test by setting the starting point too low. After 45 minutes had to just stop.
Will redo it in another day to get a more realistic starting point.

3 Likes

Went all out today with … Pettit. It was my scheduled recovery ride and I didn’t want to mess with the week, so stuck with it. Wasn’t feeling the ride 100%, but it flew by and then it was over. Onto a bigger and harder ride tomorrow!

8 Likes

First session of 2020. Felt the O/U burn during the final set but other than that, it was all business as usual.

10 Likes

Managed to also get a Taylor -2 in. Felt good to smash the legs with VO2 first thing in the new year :leg: :muscle: Plus I did the ride outside on our amazing airfield here in Berlin, Germany.

Bild_2

8 Likes

Carson today felt good ! looked in the history when i did this ride last time and it said 14th of Oct 2018 and my avg power was 40 W lower than this time around , Trainerroad is amazing !!

5 Likes

This was my NYD workout

8 Likes

Did Fuji for the first time today. Was a great workout to start the new year with.

4 Likes

Darwin today. Hardest part was keeping the power at or above target but below FTP (I’m using a wheel-on trainer). Started to feel the burn in my quads towards the end of the last two blocks, not significant but needed a bit of focus to keep going and not slack.

7 Likes

Did this one first thing with just a gel beforehand and felt it in the final interval a lot!!

10 Likes

Ok it was yesterday, but a Ramp Test in the afternoon after a nice easy rest week away from home. Bumped the FTP a little ready for SSBMV2.

Followed by Homer’s Nose as I did a Pettit the other day…

Then this morning I did this on a gel first thing. Quite enjoyed it even though I slept badly. A bit tricky in ERG.

11 Likes

I did Warlow to start off the new year. Unfortunately my left calf cramped just before the second to last over. First time this has happened to me, I think it maybe a bike setup issue.

6 Likes