What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

After yesterdays very disappointing Dade session nice 30 minute Goddard has made me feel positive again.

16 Likes

Bashful +6
Couch Chad was not wrong when he said it was going to be brutal

17 Likes

Flume +2 last night. Man does it feel good to ride above threshold again. Last time I was over 400w was at my final race in early November.

My FTP is a little understated currently, I’ve tested at 370 in early January, but wanted to make sure the first few workouts in the build phase weren’t going to annihilate me.

14 Likes

Spencer yesterday evening. How I long for 20 minute sweet spot efforts instead of 3 minute VO2 max efforts. Alas, no respite for the next several weeks. Overunders and V02 max abound.

Longer run on Sunday. Tempo run this morning. Aiming for another ride this evening.

13 Likes

Carpathian Peak - finally starting Sustained Power build, soon to be interrupted by more business travel. Pain management was the topic from Coach Chad, pain management was the topic in the boardroom in my brain. Got through it. Glad it was over.

13 Likes

Warlow for me today after my week off SPB when I was ill(ish) and did a week of SS. I think this is a good workout as it is kind of VO2/threshold/overunder all rolled into one. It only has an IF of 0.86 but I find the 110% FTP spikes tougher than Avalanche/Carpathian/McAdie/Palisade stuff. Maybe because I’m a tt er. Still did it with an FTP of 298W and the minutes@327W really hurt but not as much and with a lower HR than when I did it at xmas with an FTP of 295 so progress! :smiley:Trying to drum up some enthusiasm for a group ride among the work skivers tomorrow as I’m on half term…then a bit of threshold and SS for the weekend as the UK weather looks like it’s going to be horrible for the 3rd weekend running! :tornado:

10 Likes

Baird +6 felt a bit rough not having Monday off. Not sure if the VO2 or Z2 was worse - either way I got through in tact.

13 Likes

late evening (by the clock - midday for me) low-intensity/endurance…
Wed 9:35-11:30pm (42.8km) = 1.5 ‘laps’ of the local cycleway {my ‘usual’ route - convenience is habit-forming]

7 Likes

Moving from mid volume SusPB to low volume. Vo2max crushes me so I was super stoked to have only 1 back pedal & 2 intervals where I dropped 5% thinking i needed it to finish. Turns out I could’ve left the intensity up. 2 threshold workouts left this week & hope to get in a couple of outdoor endurance rides this weekend to help keep TSS up!

13 Likes

after 1st month of break, then 1 month of SusPB High volume managed an increase apparently of 33 watts from 237 to 270 (13.9% increase), hopefully next month should be at least half :smiley:

16 Likes

yes unfortunately, i am almost last guy on pack in steep climbs, managed to loose from 81.6 to 79.8, i can shred max 1-2 kilos now on, so only chance is improving my ftp .

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome. Nice work!!

1 Like

Kaiser +2. In the words of probably someone from the simpsons… sweet baby jesus!

19 Likes

No cycling today for me
A long run day instead (rTSS = 111)

6 Likes

The return of after work outdoor rides!!! So excited!!! Back at 6pm and just enough twilight to keep the sunglasses on :sunglasses:

Somewhat hazy view of a “local” HC climb, that’s one of the peaks in the eastern San Francisco Bay.

Living/loving life, ride on my friends :metal:

15 Likes

Nice and easy one to the top of the hill and back. Was super sunny and about 18C at my place at 8:30am but across the valley it was drizzling and maybe 10C. Nice to get out of the house anyway :v:

9 Likes

Tunnabora today.
I felt really strong during this workout. I was quite happy with the results and even found myself smiling as I crushed the intervals on my plate today.

15 Likes

Double sessions yesterday evening

1hr Run
Treadmill, 6x800 @4:17/km very, very hard. Perhaps too hard.

2mins Transition

1hr Swim
Hydro class, 2150m. All strokes. 400m TT after paddles and pull buoy wasn’t great. But happy to finish the session given the run nearly did me in.

11 Likes

Nice and steady SS session this morning.

14 Likes

Volunteer:

You know what, this feels like a silly workout, but it was worth all 22 TSS because when else am I going to sit for half an hour and listen to a podcast.

13 Likes