What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Me too! Mine didn’t look so pretty though :grimacing:

Wow. Didn’t know you could do that. TR creates a workout straight from the file, or you have to build it manually?

Can you download from BBS with the free access?

2 Likes

Easy to look neat in erg mode. Had issues with connectivity though. HRM dropped halfway through and right near the end of one interval, the trainer spiked to over 500W all of a sudden.

Some picket guard +2 today. Good stuff. Adding this one to my favorites. I cut down the recoveries a bit. I did the first 3 in low gearing then the fourth with standing intervals then the last one normal gearing. The graph is not pretty but oh well

5 Likes

Hey @JoeX, You download a file in TR format from BBS:
and then use TrainerRoad’s Workout Builder (which is a separate app) and use that to build the workout, which you then load as a Custom Workout.

6 Likes

Felt great kicking this nasty cold/flu bug to the curb :muscle:t3:

Big or little chainring? Used both, guess when and win! Answer below:

Tap for answer

Big ring except for cool down

4 Likes

Went with easiest I could find after celebrating a bit longer last night / this morning :champagne::beers:

5 Likes

Pettit +1 with the cool down extended by twenty minutes to begin the year 2019.

4 Likes

New year, new Kaiser. :100:

3 Likes

Echo +5 on New Year Day. 2 hours. But, no in-ride instructions. Disappointed. Any reason why not?

3 Likes

Possibly because it’s a variation

Edit: just checked and it should? Have you them turned off?

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/workouts/271352-echo-5

Does 5hrs gardening count? I’m giving myself a GSS of 200. :zzz:

Back will hurt tomorrow no doubt.

5 Likes

Carillon, totally nailed it even with a 15% intensity bump. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and do a mid plan ftp test

3 Likes

Winchell +1 - this was rough, that last 30 minutes I had nothing in the tank

7 Likes

Pisgah +6

Nice start to a big week of training…

3 Likes

Hello Solomons, old friend.

This is one workout that I keep coming back to when I want some extra TSS, and to test myself. As I did McAdie on Saturday and Wright Peak -1 on Sunday I was not 100% fresh; I’ve sometimes used this one to catch up on missed training. This time I’m getting ahead, because I have to go Scotland tomorrow evening for a funeral on Thursday and I will miss two days. This gets me some solid TSS in one hit and a few days recovery before the weekend.

3 Likes

No.

Started week before rest in Sustained Power Build.

2 Likes

Carter +1 on the rollers rather than the turbo trainer It is a different experience doing TrainerRoad on rollers. Did a couple of hours of skiing today too.

2 Likes

Two 20 min sweet spot intervals on the way up, followed by some sweet singletrack descending.
One of the best parts about riding in the snow: when you catch your wheel in some deep snow on the side of the trail and endo, the landing is soft :snowflake::+1:t3:

13 Likes