What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Pettit again, that’s the end of Traditional Base II.

Starting for real on Monday with SSB.

3 Likes

I started today with Volunteer for a warm up.

Followed by some Coach Chad sponsored user murder in the form of Gendarme

7 Likes

Kern +1 - hard to fit this kind of intensity in early in the day for me, good practice for early morning race starts

8 Likes

Mary Austin-1 nice to get that done after disrupted routine over Xmas :baby::baby::wine_glass::wine_glass:

9 Likes

Mary Austin today – like last week I felt confident to boost the last pair to 105%. :100:

And that’s the end of SSB vol 2 for me, as half-Ironman plan kicks in on Tuesday.

I know I’m skipping the recovery week, but I’m feeling good… he says, as he’s done SSB with some sort of chest infection, so steroids and antibiotics for the next week. I thought it was just my asthma kicking off, but when a puff of the salbutamol isn’t clearing it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Wright peak -1 today, highest tss in the sweet spot plans. Did it no prob but HR is about 10bpm higher due to a mild cold I have and I have some meds in me still, I think.

3 Likes

MCadie +1

@Captain_Doughnutman I did the last set of o/u’s at 105% just for you :kissing_heart:

last big workout of SSB MV1, a bit of MTB tomorrow then I’m into a recovery week and then the joys of SSB 2… bring on the vo2 work!

7 Likes

Beast! Great work @Jonnyboy

My O/U workout

This one made me nervous. Got thru the first 3 on my own inspiration, then took some additional gas from the effort of @Jonnyboy thru the 4th. Decide to bump op to 102%, then 104% and finished at 106% with a kick. Thanks of the mental boost :smiley:

I have one more ride that will be easy-ish, then on to a recovery week.

• I do like the accountability from it, when you need that extra little push :smiley:
7 Likes

It helps when you know the forum is watching! :joy:

@mcneese.chad. 107% competitive much?! :wink:

Great workout!

2 Likes

LOL, just 106%, and it was only the last Over. My average increase for the last set is probably 104% or less. So your 105% for the full set is still the King :crown:

I’m just happy I felt enough gas to push more at the end. I wasn’t sure how this would go today, so pleased with the kick at the end :smiley:

3 Likes

Very aptly named custom workout. Ouch! This one definitely made me try to push closer to the wall. I tried running Zwift and TR at the same time and was going for the Park Loop record (as seen in the last 5min of the house section) but missed it by 10s so got frustrated, quit Zwift and did the rest watching Tour de France TT clips and of course won all the stages :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I went out for a recovery ride that ended up in a three hour mental toughness ride.
The wind was just insane today, when I uploaded it to Strava a buddy of mine went; “Did you take the mtb instead of the road bike today?”

I don’t have a power meter on my bike so the best I can do is look at my heart rate and try to keep it in the lower zones.
At times I really felt like; screw it and punch through in order to get back home sooner as my legs were feeling great today.
But then I remembered I have U/O’s on Monday morning and decided to stick with the recovery ride haha

5 Likes

In my second week of General Build/Mid Volume and did Lion Rock today. First set felt “easy” so I increased intensity to 105% for the remaining sets. Made it harder, but still doable.

Bumping up my FTP a couple watts as I think my last ramp test left me with an under-estimated FTP. Probably because I did it too soon after Disaster!

8 Likes

I was at a loose end today and fancied some sweet spot.

I found ‘The Tour of the West - Vol. 1’ which I enjoyed. Go check it out.

5 Likes

Yep, using it for indoor practice for an outdoor event is exactly what I use it for. You can alos download the plan to your Wahoo Element/Garmin headunit, and use that to guide you during the real, live outdoor event. That makes BBS, TrainerRoad and your bike’s computer a holy trinity for preparing for an outdoor event.

1 Like

Clark today, with a bit of Z2 tacked onto the end. I was feeling plenty strong at the end of the ride. Wanted to go longer, but was running short on time. My 2 year old came into the workout room a few minutes before I ended and asked why I wasn’t wearing my clothes. Was in bike shorts and shirtless. She was super cute about it.

Ride felt good, the bursts on the start of each interval felt short enough that they weren’t hard, and it was pretty easy to settle into the effort. Difficulty felt around nice and moderately difficult. Could’ve done higher power or longer, but didn’t mind getting the rest between intervals at all. Tomorrow is scheduled for a longer sweet spot ride, so didn’t want to push it today, so that I’m still plenty fresh for that.

8 Likes

Now that sounds like a cool workout, I’m on recovery week next but might sneak that in!

1 Like

Keawah today which I found to be quite a tough workout

2 Likes

I’ve downloaded BBS to my Garmin for outdoor riding, but did not find it useful because I ride hilly roads (typically 80 to 120ft/mile) and BBS doesn’t know anything about segments hence their power queues aren’t useful (they are particularly bad on downhills where there is opportunity as a skilled descender to take advantage of a few watts). I’ve contacted their support staff and it seems that their target market for their software in its current state is flat to rolling TT.

As for using TR workouts outdoors, I haven’t done that yet. For now, I like the ability to focus on my TR efforts without dealing with the environment, and similarly, when I ride outdoors, to go have pure fun. However, I am looking forward to diving deeper into the demands of my races and events and think the WC feature you describe could be very useful. Thanks.

'Kaweah Man!

This is the third time I’ve done Kaweah and I get stronger at it each time.

8 Likes