What workout did you do today?

5 Likes

Tunnabora +1 interval outside.

4 Likes

Half way through general build phase and a new FTP of 340w, an increase from 325. Its been 1hr since this ftp test…and I need a lie down!

8 Likes

Lazy Mountain

Another “Rest” ride with a couple of bursts again…will I never learn. Some All Time PRs 2:03 - 2:22 :slight_smile: Zwift KOM climb t-shirt grabbed and also a green sprint shirt…didn’t look good with tango socks!

6 Likes

I find the first set the hardest emotionally, last set physically the hardest, of just about every workout. Something happens to the mind after the first hard one.

1 Like

Prepping for a charity ride in a month for 4 days that will be similar to this! Happy with where my power is (65kg), now just need to get used to putting it out for 4 hours and then some…

Was great to have Coach Chad in my head on the final climb (20% max) saying, relax your face, bring your shoulders down, relax your grip on the handlebars, deep belly breaths, fatigue is never an excuse for poor form. Thanks TR!

4 Likes

4 x 8 at 105% of FTP. Went better than earlier this week. Then more digging in the yard

![IMG_3893|375x500]

9 Likes

3 Sweet spot days in a row, feeling the fatigue now. Time for a zone 1 day.
Still loving the outside workouts.

4 Likes

As fresh TR member now couple of weeks into SSB1 Lv1

I just did Eclipse for the first time, felt heavy but now feeling proud that I did not gave up although the thought several times crossed my mind.

9 Likes

Leconte today, this was tough but never really felt like I was going to fail…if anything Coach Chad’s comments about ‘backspin if you need it’ were a bit distracting…don’t tell me there’s an easier way! :grin: Forgot water bottles and to turn on the fans at the start, and one BT dropout right at the end before the last surge, but otherwise all was good

6 Likes

That is a tough one.

1 Like

Crashed doing Geiger…there was a service truck on the trail so I went on the other side. The other side had a 3’x5’ patch of cut concrete I did not see til the last minute. Went into it at about 25 mph, and luckily was able to lean back and roll to the side, so outside of the front wheel disintegrating I was lucky.

Edit: frame is done.

4 Likes

Screenshot_2019-09-15-05-12-24 Screenshot_2019-09-15-05-12-31
Legs were just feeling way too fatigued to do the scheduled workout. Bailed 30 minutes in. Even bailed 30 min into Baxter which I tried to substitute in. 2 weeks of heavy lifting at work was probably the contributing factor. Might have to push the last effort week of SSB2MV a week to recover a bit.

3 Likes

Damn! Hope you’re in better shape than your wheel?

1 Like

Boring Endurance Session before breakfast - not particular long, but legs a bit heavy from Threshold Test yesterday. 98.x% Zone 2

A lot of HR drift, something to work on during Base.

3 Likes

Just cuts and scrapes. There are 2 things I do well, climb and crash. Roll game is perfected!

9 Likes

Still working on some early base here

Saturday was a bit ambitious since I had to get home but kept the power where it needed to be

More restrained inside today

Pleased with my cardiac drift indoors today

4 Likes

As a general rule, I find the first few minutes after a recovery harder than the rest once I settle in. I remember on LR and Junction the first racewinner was the hardest. Any time I’m doing 15-20 min SS or threshold intervals, if I can get through the first four minutes I’m usually golden.

1 Like

Off the bike for five days after the fast century last Saturday. Did Monadock (!) on Friday… probably not the smartest ride first one back after a draining event like that, but got through it with a couple backpedals.

Round Bald today was more manageable. Finding Century LV is a good kind of maintenance plan for the next few weeks before I take a couple of weeks completely off the bike, prior to starting Base work. That said, maybe I’ll just go noodle around Zwift with some intensity instead of sticking to structure. We’ll see…

7 Likes

Beginning my third week of a decent training block for an event in a month’s time with Tallac +3. Felt really good to nail those intervals, so good it made me laugh for a decent minute afterwards. Am I crazy or has anyone else done this?

7 Likes