What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

An easy hour of XC skiing followed by

3 Likes

I’ve been promoted or demoted to garage not sure which had a lovely breeze blowing through from kitchen. Think it might have something to do with opening back door and garage door. Rest of family in living room under a duvet moaning how cold they are.

4 Likes

Three days home with newborn, three days and three total hours on the trainer. Today 30 minutes Truuli -2 (dialed up to 102%) prepping for tomorrow’s theoretical Ramp Test starting off Sustained Power Build LV.

Pretty sleepy and mentally fatigued, obviously, so not expecting too much tomorrow, but once I got into the threshold and VO2 portions of this I felt pretty good.

2 Likes

Got out for a trail run. Was pretty slow moving, lots of treefall and the AT in that section is chunkier than what I remember. So a little bit of walking in there. Ankles are feeling all of the uneven terrain.

3 Likes

XC ski today. Nice to get outside now that the polar vortex has left us.

9 Likes

I think that’s a great looking bike! My race-bike is a full suspension Fourstroke 01 and if anything that would be my recommendation. Going full suspension is like night and day if you’re accustomed to a HT. Otherwise Duke Lucky Jacks are awesome wheels especially with DT240 hubs.

Beautiful looking trails

It was awesome and so quiet. We were out for a couple of hours and only saw 5 other people in that time.

2 Likes

Avalanche Spire +1

Hit the first two intervals on point, but after the second one I knew I was fucked. Backpedaled twice at full power through the 3rd interval.

Dropped it down 3% for the 4th interval, still backpedaled. Dropped it down another 2% (5% total) for the 5th interval…still backpedaled.

I got it done, and I’m convinced I somehow got better today…but boy are these failed workouts a burden on the brain. Not sure if I’ll be back at it tomorrow. But I’ll be back at it shortly.

The only ass-whipping that matters is the one you don’t get up from.

8 Likes

Bit of home brew for me this morning. Decided to put my specialty block on hold and drill down to my weaknesses. This workout needs tweaking here and there but the focus is where I need it.

7 Likes

Cheers I’ll have a look at those wheels

1 Like

Training peaks advised that I needed extra rest on Saturday so I skipped the planned workout Warlow and saved my legs for track.
Track SQT last night involving:

• Warm-up
  • Double pyramid
  • Rolling starts - standing 2 lap - seated 3 lap
  • 20mins steady effort (scratch race)
  • 3x Keirin

2 Likes

Microburst workout Joe Devel +1 is in the bag. Because recoveries were so short I didn’t shift all the way down, but just a few clicks and slowed cadence down. Got a lot of practice upshifting under power, so had a lot of smooth shifts during the intervals. The last set of 18s bursts was really tough having them at the end. didn’t make average power for any of them, but was at least close. Not an ideal workout for doing on rollers, but I’m happy with how I did keeping up with the power targets.

8 Likes

I did Lamark on Thursday and found my FTP had gone up over the SSBMV II period from 293 - 299.

I was pretty chuffed with this result but as everyone doing the final week of the plan knows Leconte follows on the Saturday. Doing it after setting the new FTP in felt like death especially as you only get a 1min break between the 10min over under sets.

Couple of 30 sec back pedals during the workout to catch my breath, but really glad I hung on, especially on that last set. The old me would have bailed out. But then again the old me wouldn’t have fueled at all.

10 Likes

Two solid sessions right there. Congratulations on the new FTP :+1:

1 Like

out of interest: how did you go about setting your FTP based on Lamarck? was there a reason you updated before Leconte and not after a recovery week?

During Lamarck the workout text suggests you can if you so choose to take an average of all four intervals as a marker for FTP. The rest intervals a brief enough to consider this approach.
I was feeling pretty good going in to the workout and also after which made me feel my ceiling might just be that little bit higher (293 up to 299).
In hind sight I could have waited until after Leconte considering how hard that workout is… But I pushed through it with good fueling and a couple 30 second back pedals and hit 104x all time pr’s.
Leconte is a mental toughness workout for sure…

Carson -4 - 00:45:00

Glassy +1 - 1:30:00

3 Likes

nothing today (although I did have to shovel some snow). Recovery week starts tomorrow, already feeling stir crazy on a non-riding day, but gotta recover and feel the gainz!!

First workout after being offsick and it was Geiger , wasn’t as bad as I expected.

4 Likes