What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Bluebell today. A nice workout, guess this was the first time during my short TR career when I felt after the workout that ‘it was easier than expected’

4 Likes

Bombed Shortoff -1 today. Could tell from the warm-up that my legs were not going to cooperate. Called it a day but this weekend’s XC ski has exacted its toll! (And given me tendinitis in my arm to boot.)

2 Likes

Baird +2. Ouch.

7 Likes

That’s a lot of spikey stuff :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You’re telling me… :crazy_face: Tough but manageable like always. TR workouts are so great. I’m happy to have found this place.

I know what you mean most of people I ride with are on zwift, but I like the structure tr gives you. Plus it’s a bit of OCD once you start a plan dreading and looking forward to each ride in equal measure​:wink: Hope you had something nice for dinner :yum:

2 Likes

Filling in for Drill focused swim on Monday

Run this morning. Super slogging it on these tired legs

Followed up with a swim today since I am expecting bad weather tomorrow and not being able to make it to the pool.

3 Likes

Five for five with an unplanned Baxter -1 cut 15 min short by baby duty… making it… Baxter -2 essentially!

4 Likes

Junction -2

Tough day on the sled. Rest week ahead.

5 Likes

Mist-1 for me (3×{3×3 mins @118%}). Killer. I was pretty ‘worried’ beforehand, but I came through strong.

Followed that up with 45 minutes at IM intensity for a total of 146 tss in 120 minutes. Not bad, not bad.

2 Likes

I did Carpathian Peak for the first time last night.

Really enjoyed it. That final set started to burrrrrrrrn near the end!

2 Likes

Broken finger last night.

I am quite sure that i could not do this last year and now no issue at all

So glad :smile:

7 Likes

I am pleased to report that I actually did a workout. The first for a week and the second in a fortnight. I just couldn’t be ars*d.
Felt good for doing it though. I selected a Fulgaz ride and enjoyed it. I think I will continue this week doing those and then for the next 2 weeks I am going on a V02 splurge before doing a 20’ test and then starting buiild.

1 Like

5km swim.

I’ll try and get on the trainer later today unless my pesky job gets in the way…

2 Likes

8 Minute FTP Test, plus extended cooldown for a bit of additional TSS. Managed a bump in FTP from 297 to 305 which is 1 higher than my previous best. Pretty stoked as I still have 9 weeks until my A race.image

7 Likes

For the last one-and-a-half weeks I have been riding outdoors in Lanzarote with other handbikers around the World. Catching some sun and collecting the kilometers. It has been a very nice break to the winter indoor training here, I’ve done a little over 500km until now, and still two sessions to do before heading back home next Saturday. So I will get close to 600km during the two week long camp here.

6 Likes

Did Pettit this morning, completely fasted, was curious to try it after all the chatter here lol My HR was definitely higher for the effort. I usually only have one or two lattes (skim milk, splenda) in the morning before workouts, so I’m used to having at least something. It wasn’t awful but I don’t think I want to make fasted training a regular thing lol

On the plus side, I weighed myself after the workout and was at 160, which is the lowest I’ve been in a few months (my fighting weight is 155), so I’m almost there!

2 Likes

boom Nice one @racewheels

1 Like

Ramp test, after being off the bike for the better part of 2 weeks. Bit of a combination between broken bike, and not enough motivation to ride on the days before/after the breaking. Down 5 watts. Hit a new max HR (by 1!) on this ride. Felt like my legs were giving up before my lungs, despite my heart/breathing going full tilt. Took quite a bit longer than I thought it would for my HR to come back down. Extended the cooldown a little bit, then got off the bike. Noticed even after sitting for a bit, I still felt like it was taking longer than normal to calm down.

Starting my build phase this week. Probably general build, mid volume. But I’ve been on the fence a bit about what exactly I want to do next.

1 Like

Ramp test. Ftp 227 → 227
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I suppose I shouldn’t ramp test after a long weekend of nursing a project go-live. HR shot straight up after only half way thru the test.

1 Like