What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Ran this morning, 55 minute run which included 16 billats done on my neighborhood since we just got a decent amount of snow. Pretty good consistency in the hard portions considering I was trying to not go hard during any of the non-straight sections for fear of slipping on black ice. Did not encounter any so mission accomplished. I would love to work up to the repeatable pace here to be my true VO2 max pace… don’t think I’ve ever run a sub 6 mile. We’ll see what happens to pace as the intervals move on to 1 minute, then the 3 minute ones.

3 Likes

I enjoy over/unders

I almost want to revoke that. :joy:

Made it through but strength training yesterday made itself known in the legs. :rofl:

4 Likes

I did Carpathian Peak last night, and was able to bump it up a percentage or two. Which got me looking at the future workouts like this and saw Avalanche Spire +1 on the list in two weeks and am already a little scared!

4 Likes

more z2 with brasstown. Getting antsy so start build and seeing where I can take all this base fitness

1 Like

Carpathian Peak is a dream in comparison. not to cause you any worries. :wink:

Haha, great! My only solace is that I have two weeks to prepare for it.

1 Like

bah got a head cold midway thru week 5 of SSB1. I’m out of town this weekend. So for next week’s planned recovery week should I try to do 1 of the 2 hard workouts I missed? I feel bummed that I wasn’t able to get the stress from the last two workouts.

Continued week 2 of Sustained Power LV. Had an upper body strength session and a session on the rowing machine last night.

Today was Fang Mountain +1.

It felt really good, completely different to Carpathian Peak. I ended up increasing the 3rd set to 102%, 4th to 105% and last interval of fourth to 108%.

7 Likes

Heading towards the start of week 6 recovery of ssb1.

5 Likes

Wolfjaw +5 shortly!

1 Like

Fang mountain +1. I’ve been tired all day and wasn’t feeling this but discipline > motivation where results are concerned.

12 Likes

How are the legs today? I did it on Tuesday as well and I’m still feeling the effects - - nasty! Lol

6 Likes

Ran this morning as well. Only 5k. I’m in Michigan and nearly fell about 50 times. Still better than the treadmill!

1 Like

Ehhh… grand. I did 40 minutes handy with two short sprints yesterday and fang mountain +1 tonight.

I see your FTP is a lot higher than mine but I guess relatively speaking it should be a similar amount of pain.

Before jumping into build I spent 3 weeks doing vo2 progressions and it seems to have made a huge difference to my tolerance for the workload and type of work in build.

One other thing that might not be obvious… but I’ve realised the standard warmups on most workouts just arent enough for me so time allowing I do half of Taku before most workouts these days.

1 Like

Lamarck- 10 minutes x 4 at FTP… Not fun but was quite easy. My LHTR is 176, but I was doing these at about 160BPM so pretty easy to turn the pedals over even at what is now my 5 week FTP (+5% bump).

20%20am

7 Likes

Fang Mountain +1 today, loving over unders lately.

7 Likes

I’ve got it coming up tomorrow, thinking this is still easier than doing 3 min repeats of 120% like in the old SSB2 plans.

1 Like

Oh, for sure! I actually made it through all the intervals which didn’t happen that often on the 3 minute jobbers–still no joke though! :joy:

2 Likes

Darwin today. Didn’t feel too bad, about how Chad said it would, like you want to quit but you don’t. Can’t wait for Mary Austin -1 tomorrow /sarcasm. Gonna carbo load hard tonight!

1 Like

Me too, feels like I accomplished something when I make it through. Kind of want to know what would happen for a CX racer if I just did over-unders for six months.

Working on SSB-1 a second time, felt like it would do me some good since I have six-months until CX season.

2 Likes