What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Finished Tallac today easily, even though I skipped Carillon. Almost done with SSB LV1, next week is taper week. I think I’ve made noticeable improvements thanks to this training.

1 Like

Just finished Avalanche Spire. First interval felt (relatively) easy, the rest of them were hard, and only got harder. Rest between each interval went by super quick. But the actual intervals were short too, so it kind of balanced out nicely.

And I think I need to fix the cleat position on one of my shoes. The outside of one of my feet got pretty uncomfortable, like I was putting more pressure on the outside of my foot rather than more centered like it should be.

7 Likes

Wynne +1

This was a brutal one. Glad that i did not eat before doing this :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

How long are those final intervals? Looks like you recovered nicely between each one though.

The first set 2 minutes, with 4 min of recovery in between

Next set 1 minute with 2.5 min of recovery and the last set, 30 seconds.

The last 10 seconds of each set were hard, but I guess that’s the idea :joy:

Yesterday, I tried to do 75min Mont Gosford early AM (4:30a wake, 5a start) and just could not execute. Switched to Taku-1 (30min recovery), which was hard. The super early bike workout is just something I cannot make happen. Though I can’t bike super early (I need to be done by 6:30a to start breakfast for the kids when it’s school time), I can run super early, so the dog and I got out for an easy 5mi run (<500’ ascent).

7 Likes

Shortoff +1, first week of Middle Distance Tri plan! :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:i

1 Like

Baird +2 this morning. Held power pretty close to target all except for the last two. Somehow though my NP was right on target… maybe because my ramp up/down to the power targets was slower than target, but I can’t imagine it was any slower than erg mode if I were to be on a smart trainer. So this time through I did get my HR to the desired target of high uptake. I think one thing I was doing wrong during base phase when it was VO2 time was not increasing breathing rate sooner. I remember that in running when climbing hills, it’s almost always easier to start breathing hard at the base of the hill before you go in to oxygen debt. Made these much more repeatable.

6 Likes

I could get used to this.

Umbrella Academy on Netflix is getting good. Threw in a little sprint at the end to get the heart rate up for a second.

Yesterday. Swam 2500yd then did tray mountain.

Baby was fussy so had to get off right as the interval ended. Felt good though!

4 Likes

Wynne +1

Hard, but doable. Definitely better than long SS intervals for me. Every single effort felt like I couldn’t possibly do another, so a good type-2 feeling at the end.

5 Likes

Bald Knob

Double-up Friday. Like most of us I’ve done this one loads of times before, but it felt extra dull today. I think I need better watching material.

2 Likes

Mount Goode. Did some messing around with erg mode gearing to see what RPE differences there were big ring vs. small ring. Got an unintentional 20s backpedal in the third interval when I dropped my chain with a stupid, mindless shift. Nice going, jackass.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Cumberland + 15 minute run. There was supposed to be a swim too but I got out after 300m because the pool was super warm - it was somewhere between 30.7 - 30.9C and that is just too hot for me.

Maybe I should start a “what ruined your swim today” thread! Whaddya think @JoeX? :laughing:

3 Likes

Wright peak +2 4x30min sweet spot. Was running short on time today so I removed the recovery periods and did 120min @ 90% FTP. Set a 120min pb of 335w! So stoked.

8 Likes

Have to bite the bullet and accept my aero position isn’t sustainable outside unless I want severe neck pain. Will ride with my helmet and glasses on next time

3 Likes

Kaweah - tried to keep cadence under 85 during the work intervals - made it hard but got it done.

4 Likes

Had Bashful +2 planned, in GB at the moment, but a C-class race tomorrow made me reschedule a bit.

So Baird -2 instead. These intervals are hard but 90 seconds are damn harder.

5 Likes

Perhaps my worst performance here ever. Felt simply tired; way too much stress from family and work lately. Wasn’t able to follow rule #5 at all :-1: But still, better than skipping a workout, I guess…

8 Likes