What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Ebbetts. Didn’t hit targets on last section and missed one of the sprints. Wasn’t paying attention … the beeps were not playing thru the speakers (my BT headphones ran out of juice and when they disconnect then that affects the TR sounds).

7 Likes

I edited Andrews +1 to make it 1 hour 45 minutes. Figured adding in some extra work was better than just extending the warm up and cool down. HR was usually 130 and lower during almost all of the non-sprint segments, even when riding in the drops. I’ve been playing around with more riding in the drops since I am planning a few road tris this year and need to get used to being aero.

3 Likes

Last trainer session of ssb1 before recovery week.
Nice to have a lie in :yum: on a Saturday.
Got another track session tomorrow.

7 Likes

A ‘short’ Phoenix (90min) was scheduled today. Instead, went out for a 2.5hr ‘easy’ gravel ride with ‘some’ climbing. A time-in-the-saddle-that’s-not-the-tri-bike-to-have-fun ride. Low 40s F and warm in the sun, but rode mostly in the trees. Snow cut the steepst climb short (Last week, I optimistically took off the knobbies and put on semi-slick Byways) but the snow was mostly gone at lower elevation. In the first pic with a grassy field, in the near distance are recumbant paragliders (I’m sure there’s a proper name for this, but I don’t know what it is.) A nice day to be outside.

GPTempDownload%20(1) GPTempDownload

7 Likes

Raymond +7. 4x 8 min VO2 max at 108% of FTP. It kicked my butt. Had to backpedal twice in interval 3 and turn it down to 97 then 95% in interval 4. On Thursday I felt great on Fang Mtn +1.

4 Likes

Tallac +4 for me today.

Very pleased to see that i got some new All time PBs. Shows that the plans are working for me!

Problem i have now is that I’m trying to not fall asleep. Feeling really sleepy after this ride haha.

Cafe ride tomorrow, then the recovery week starts :slight_smile:

7 Likes

After a double-workout day yesterday and then two pints at lunchtime today I didn’t hold much hope for this…

During the warmup I felt horrific, legs like lead. During the first interval I thought “I can’t do this”, “not a chance”. Somehow, SOMEHOW, I got through it. Very very happy to finish.

6 Likes

I was quite proud of myself for this one. I’m in the second round of the short power build and was struggling with some of the early VO2 max workouts after my FTP went from 220 to 239. This was definitely still tough, but I felt stronger at the end.

EDIT: sorry @flyinryan, I’m not sure how I responded to you. It was meant to be a regular post. I’m from Michigan too, so maybe it’s just fate.

5 Likes

Red lake +8 today, after SSB HV2 anything over FTP is not fun at all, hoping I get more used to it after a couple weeks.

7 Likes

Red Lake +8 today. Week 1 of sustained power build, mid volume. This was brutal. Took an extra couple minutes rest after every single interval. Almost quit after the 2nd interval. Stopped the workout, took off my heart rate strap, unclipped, and took off my headphones. I was proper ready to call it a day. But I sat on the bike for a few minutes, thought about it, and decided to get going again.

This felt way over race pace for what I could do for 6 minutes. If I did that in a race, I’d simply blow up, and loose way more time than I’d save by going that hard.

9 Likes

Mt Goode while watching golf. I really can’t wait for spring

8 Likes

I had Torbets and am still struggling a bit with erg mode for the short kicks (30secs here). I find if I wait for the resistance on the trainer I’m only averaging 2/3 of what I should but if I kick as I would normally I spin out in the back half of the interval .
What do others do for these intervals?
Cheers

6 Likes

Elephants -2. Another round of winter weather heading in tonight. :frowning: So ready for spring to arrive.

1 Like

Tallac +2 for me, at the end of week 1 of the Century plan.

60 minutes of sweetspot in 90 total. Did well. Had to jump off for a pee break at the halfway stage, but otherwise kept it 100.

6 Likes

Karakoram.

My choice for an opener for tomorrow’s ramp.
I only did 2/3 sets w/ some SS at the end, just to get the legs going after an adaptation week.

Fun and short but much more of a SS workout than the VO2 workout it’s classified as.
Would be cool to mod this into one continuous interval. :metal:

2 Likes

Nice to get a good workout for a change. Felt pretty easy all the way.

4 Likes

Spanish Needles -3 for me this morning. First time doing microbursts like that. Have to say, I’m not a fan, but I got through ok

1 Like

Tray Mountain +3 Custom. Kept the original workout the same but added a 7min 108% effort and 30 mins of endurance.

5 Likes

Finished week two of sustained power build today with Kaweah

Felt good throughout

6 Likes

Continuing Century plan, that’s the first week finished, did this whilst watching Man Utd v Liverpool, no the greatest game but a good distraction from the time, ended up doing an extra 30 minutes as I was zwifting too!.. all intervals felt achievable. Rest day tomorrow whoop whoop!

4 Likes