What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Warlow. First VO2 intervals ever, survived. The 30s pedal drills in the last interval were a huge help for maintaining focus.

7 Likes

Felt pretty good, but it looks like like my heart rate is really high compared to others here.

8 Likes

Beaten by Palisade this morning, couldn’t keep the cadence up, had to drop the last 2 10%.

8 Likes

Weights
Squats
Overhead Press
Pullups
Single Leg Press

Increasing poundage every workout. I alternate squats with deadlifts, lifting once a week.

2 Likes

With the help of trainer road I did a sub 1hr ascent of alpe du Zwift. Really this was part of the FTP hour challenge but I couldn’t see a good reason not to put the work to extra use!

6 Likes

3+ hour group ride swap for Pierce vo2max workout. Had at least 3 vo2max segments on the ride.

1 Like

I did The Thumb (2x1’, 10x3’ VO2max intervals, 90 min total), alone in the spin room at Life Time gym at 5:30 this am before I went to work. It sucked the life outta me

4 Likes

Wasn’t confident I’d get this one done, but it went really well… a little Mount Goode

3 Likes

First outdoor ride in about five months due to moving, baby and work. Thanks, wife! Replaced Brasstown, my final adaptation week workout for Sustained Power Build first half, 100% compliance with the newborn! Opener tomorrow, ramp test on Monday. Time to see how baby girl is affecting things for better or for worse.

Set a slew of sub 1 min power records and barely felt it. It’s working, people.

6 Likes

Makalu, longest trainer ride so far. Mental struggle here and there, otherwise pretty ok.

9 Likes

Felt good to nail this one today after aborting Avalanche spire +1 on Thursday. Hiking tomorrow so Mount Goode can wait till Monday followed by a shortened recovery week.

4 Likes

Definitely feeling ready for that recovery week. This one almost had me at the end.

4 Likes

I just got a wahoo kickr, first workout around noon wad an ftp test, then to see what @Nate_Pearson jeeps raving about, i did baxter

3 Likes

McAdie. Was hard, but doable. Have 4 hours of Vogelsang to look forward to tomorrow.

5 Likes

Galena today:

3*20 mins of sweetspot with 5 minute recoveries. Other than jumping off to adjust the fan, kept it 100. Sweet!

7 Likes

No pot of gold at the end of this sucker, just fatigue and satisfaction!

6 Likes

Easy trail run with the dog… and a surprising KOM

7 Likes

Guess I’m on the same schedule as @jsteelfex. Was dreading this workout but managed to pull it off without being fully drained. Recovery week will indeed be welcome. Thinking about picking up a Kickr Core to replace my dumb Kirk Kinetic road machine. I hope I’m not sorry, given all the problems people have been reporting. There is an REI in town and they have a generous return policy. they told me that they have only had a couple of these returned in the last couple months, so maybe Wahoo is getting this mess sorted out.

2 Likes

The 1min rest intervalls are just teasers :laughing:

6 Likes

First road race of the season. 4th place. All podium places were taken by team mates so we had a good morning, all told.

Wind was brutal heading out and the final eight miles felt like I was riding through treacle. Shattered doesn’t come close.

10 Likes