What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

I did that first thing after bringing it home!

Feeling good this morning. First 3x20mins rode a couple % over target. Last one rode to feel which should have been at 354w but i looked down with 5mins to go and was at 380w so held that until the end. It’s rare for the legs to feel so good so it was a pleasant surprise.

11 Likes

Got in a quickish swim at lunch today too. Mostly a drill sort of day, but will really push hard for a few of them. My catch up drill is really getting pretty quick, think it’s probably the absolute best drill for practicing a nice high elbow catch.

RAMP test! For the first time, I KNOW I checked out early… just flat out shut it down at 20:00… I was close, but tired from five weeks of interrupted sleep, three weeks back at work and the end of a workday rather than my normal morning.

Still tested a 4W increase and I’m granting myself a 1% Daddy boost, for a nice, round 270W FTP.

Started Carrillon -5 and got through warmup when baby girl woke up. Onward with the second half of sustained power build low volume!

9 Likes

Some good, old-fashioned 3x15 sweet spot intervals today. Tallac +1

Total “goldilocks” session… not too hard, not too easy, but you’re damn sure you had a workout at the end of it.

7 Likes

Recovery week!

1500m swim this morning; pool was rammed so I found myself a gap between two regulars who I know can hold their line and got it done.

Haku this afternoon; coming to the end of S1 of The Punisher.

4 Likes

Abbot for me this morning.

Spent almost the entire session fighting the bike and the trainer. Bike didn’t want to change gear for the sprints and the trainer kept spiking. This just wasn’t meant to be.

Anyway, I got it done and I was pretty pleased, all things considered.

6 Likes

“Oh it’s just sweet spot today,” thunk I. “4x10 intervals,” thunk I. “No problem,” thunk I.

Either I’m tired or Carillon is way harder than it looks. (SSB1 LV week 5)

7 Likes

Taylor -2 nothing like 45 x 30s intervals

7 Likes

I find that Carillion is one of those stealth workouts. It lies to you. You think ‘oh, I’ll watch Netflix whilst doing this’, and you suddenly realise that you’re in for a proper session.

4 Likes

Carillon is actually one of the ss-workouts I find the easiest, the peaks make the lows feel easy and the time just flies.

2 Likes

Ramp test day for me today. Managed a 20w improvement :muscle:

14 Likes

Woah! Nice one!

1 Like

recovery week for sustained build HV, Pettit today. Made it more interesting by raising the target 5w (not really that interesting, 5w won’t make this kind of workout into a tempo workout or anything lol), but maybe it’ll psychologically it’ll result in a 5w FTP bump next week to 300 lol

1 Like

Was hoping for 230 got 234 up from 220 happy with that. On to ssblv2 with a couple of outside rides if not copy ssbmv2.

8 Likes

Ramp test for me too! 2watt improvement… Doing the century plan, happy overall as I got x286 PRs… Zwift Volcano PR too :smiley:

FTP 336 @ 92.1kg = 3.65w/kg… point zero something closer to 4w/kg :wink:

9 Likes

Baird +6 for me which is easily my least favourite type of workout.

Whenever I’m doing something like this I lie to myself and think just get through the first hour of VO2 max stuff and the last half hour will be a nice easy spin. Yet every time it’s the worse bit!

3 Likes

Dade +1 today. First set of vo2 intervals since I set a new FTP. Week 6 of sustained power build LV. Worst I’ve felt on a hike in a long time. I hate vo2 work

7 Likes

Red Lake +6 tonight, Pioneer, Pettit, and Julius Caesar +3 tonight. 70.3 training plan.

2 Likes

An aborted attempt at Ansel Adams -2.

Warmup at 100%. First two intervals same. Drop to 96% until second last set. Drop to 95%. Jump to cool down after first interval of second last set.

I guess it went better than expected and it certainly beats sitting on the couch!

4 Likes