What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Bashful +6 - extending the interval duration to 90 seconds put a lot more hurt on my lungs, but survived everything

7 Likes

Swim this evening at 6:30p 3000m. (I may have taken it easier on the 50 ‘easy’ than I should have at times.)

Then Holt Hill-1 at at 8:30. It was supposed to be Holt Hill but decided to cut 15min because I started a bit later than planned (but if I weren’t posting this now … :thinking:) and my run tomorrow needs to start about 5:15a.

Q: How big of a gap is necessary to not be a brick and be a double?

7 Likes

Race Winners (30s @ 200% to 3m @ 110% to Sprint kick) to group ride!

2 Likes

Beech today, just another 60min endurance session for recovery week. I again had my power based off 300w ftp (from my 295w “actual” FTP). The 75% portion felt like endurance and not tempo (and HR was in my endurance zone), so if I do have any improvement it would be about what I imagined, but I’m not counting on it just yet.

3 Likes

Recovery week continues. 1650m swim this morning in a pretty deserted but very warm pool. A glorious afternoon nap to set me up for Goddard.

6 Likes

Embrace the suck, man. I hate it too. Everyone hates it. And yet . . . you get faster :fire:

Nice ride :metal:

1 Like

Mills +1

I think this is my “favorite” Vo2 workout, as much as you can describe anything that feels like torture as a “favorite”.

I think I feel exactly as I should after Vo2. Meaning, I’m making a bargains with myself during the ride…I’m thinking about never riding a bike again…I’m down in the well.

And, yet . . . I somehow pull through it. I only have “good fails” in that the failures are minor and show me that I’m riding right on the edge, but not overdoing it. After I do this workout I feel dizzy and dusted, but not destroyed.

Rest week up next . . . and then my first race of the year :metal:

12 Likes

More longish steady intervals. I’ve found mount goode and galena sessions hugely beneficial for working towards my 5.9w/kg FTP goal and they’re also hugely increasing TTE.
Very thankful for being introduced to TR.

6 Likes

Geiger +4

1 Like

Gendarme -3
My first time doing it too… Was kinda hard to do manual with all the shifting and with erg mode i would take me about 3 seconds to reach the target power so i guess some of that power was lost.
I gotta say it felt easier than i was expecting though

10 Likes

That looks insane. How do some of you have monster FTP’s on here? im only at 3.28 w/kg and bumping it up feels incredibly hard. cant imagine the amount of training and suffering you had to go through to get up to there.

1 Like

Lucky to have been gifted a big v02, no issue clearing 380-400w on ramp test even after taking months off. Eat sensibly so I’m pretty small (66kg 8% body fat, dexa scan verified).
But that stuff only gets you so far. It’s been tiny tiny gains from many many hours of suffering. Consistent 700hr training per year about 700-800tss on hard weeks.
I have found consistency to be the biggest key. That and a willingness to suffer!

4 Likes

Some of us did a really good job picking our parents.
Some of us are really consistent w/training and a willingness to suffer.
Some of us meet both of the aforementioned criteria!

There are a also a select few with very suspect power meters :thinking:

Keep at it @Muzzaffar :+1:

6 Likes

Morning trail run

If my previous workout (75min Holt Hill-1, last night) ended less than 8hrs before the run start, is that a double? If a 3000m swim workout ended 90min before Holt Hill-1, thus 3 workouts in ±11hrs, is that a triple?

1 Like

Nothing suspect about my power meter. Numbers have been consistent across 4 different quarqs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not directed at you or anyone here specifically.

1 Like

Megantic for @Captain_Doughnutman

Ok, so technically it’s not a VO2 Max session but the intention was there. This is a brilliant workout. Those 15 second breaks really keep you on your toes.

8 Likes

Tallac. Those six-minute high-cadence drills were an experience.

10 Likes

Denali +3. 6 minute intervals at 110-112%. This one was tough, but I was proud that I go through it and finished strong (even thought I wanted to die at the end). Definitely a fist-pump after the last interval.

7 Likes

Haku last night and an easy 4mile run this morning. Bumped the ride up to 120% about halfway through. It just felt too easy.

4 Likes