What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Ramp test! beginning tomorrow withe the SS base vol2 block 2… gained 3 watts in block 1…
Watttf :sweat_smile:
Hope to get/ gain some more next block tho…

Ramp Test for me as well. Finished SSB LV1 last week, whilst sick, still not fully recovered but thought I’d give ramp test a go. No way I’ve have tried an 8 or 20 minute test and probably should have left the ramp test as well. FTP dropped from 267 to 253 but I’m planning on leaving as is seeing as I completed all previous workouts ok at that level. Seem to think I got sick at the same sort of stage last year or maybe it was at the end of SSB LV2. Starting to make notes on workouts this year and use calendar to record sickness to help with my ageing memory.

Everyone is doing ramp tests today. I did a ramp test and had a 10 watt bump from 292 to 302 but also lost a kg of weight in the month. 68 kg to 67 kg. I’ll take it! Progress not perfection and it’s all part of the journey :slight_smile:

Followed it up with Phoenix -3

5 Likes

My goal for each ramp test is always to get past the “You have officially passed Coach Chad…Everyone at TR is routing for you…”

3 Likes

Mine is to get to step 16 where the whole tr team is impressed :upside_down_face:

Ramp test for me today as well.

Been feeling sick today, and i’m getting a cold - sore throat and felt generally bleh all day. Got 300w instead of the 318w i last tested at.

Bit disappointed but it’s to be expected :frowning:

2 Likes

Pressed for time with some early work calls, so I did some sweet spot work instead of hitting the trails. Minor intensity adjustment since long SS intervals are my Achilles heel.

Wrangell -1 (2x25 with hard starts): Log In to TrainerRoad

3 Likes

Finished SSB2, did ramp test going into build, got a 3% bump. I’m okay with that for now. Started the week of Aug 20 of this year at 167, second ramp test 176 and now 182. Considering I’ve never had structured training and have not been on the bike in three years, only running, I’m good with it.

4 Likes

Haha Me too.

Boarstone 2hrs of endurance in 15 min blocks to break up the monotony.

4 Likes

Got off the horse almost about 1:15 into Boarstone Sunday, looks easy but it kind of wears you out after while.

4 Likes

Day 1 of SS base LV1. Decided to do low instead of medium and then go a bit harder.

5 Likes

More pain for me…

4 x 6/3 at 108% of FTP. Pretty pleased to have worked up to 6 minute intervals at this intensity. First one was easy. Last one almost did me in!

Planning on doing Tour de Nez on Saturday morning as the first part of race prep for the Scottish CX Champs.

Mike

3 Likes

I did my FTP test already on Saturday, so I replaced it with Antelope-5 as I started Mid Volume Sweet Spot plan this week. It was tough.

1 Like

Monadnock +6. Amazing how much easier 110% intervals are for me than 120%

6 Likes

Ramp Test for me too to kick off SSB LV II - - up to 303W from 295W 6 weeks ago. Followed that up with Birch for 45’ of mixed Endurance riding with various cadence targets along the way as well.

2 Likes

Just did Bashful +1 as part of sustained power build. Really hard. Had to stop after round six of the second set for a breather. My early cadence was too high, ~120. Not sustainable, I ran out of breath. Later cadences were ~90. Much better.

5 Likes

I saw none of the workout text, I think my eyes were closed from step 10:rofl:

its rubbish when illness gets in the way :persevere:
Are you going to keep your original FTP for the next block or test again when you are feeling better?
feel better :hugs:

Yeah, i’m going to keep the original FTP. I feel it’s pretty accurate and i don’t feel i’ve gained anything noticable from SSBMV1. I expect the gains to come from the second half of it, so fingers crossed.

Thanks very much :slight_smile: