What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Stromlo +7 - maybe starting to settle in at this FTP - much better results this week than last. One more hard workout before the rest week

2 Likes

Fang Mountain +1, as part of Structured Power Build. Good workout, well within scope. Back in the days of SS I and II over-unders used to kill me, but now I can take them in my stride. VO2 max efforts kill me now, however, and Tuesday’s Bashful +1 was much harder for me despite having lower TSS, suffer score etc. Good progress.

3 Likes

First vO2 max workout on TR for me and that in the morning, it actually went better than expected.

Someone did mention that Huffaker is the base level of v02 max so it will be interesting to see if I can manage the harder ones in the morning as well.

I might give my legs a break in the gym tonight though haha:

4 Likes

Your kickr seems to have coped better than mine did last night. Sprint 12 only raised target by 14 watts for me and all were significantly below target. Any tips? Log In to TrainerRoad

To be honest, it seems hit and miss. A few of them worked perfectly, but the second to last one for me hardly kicked in at all, it was basically missed

Did this monster today, was really tough in week 3 of GPBHV with a massive work load as well, but damn it was good to finish it and see that 148 TSS when I got of my bike after 8pm #WIN

7 Likes

Morning
400m Swim

45min BodyPump - all lowers weights/upper body; deadlifts, clean/press, triceps, biceps, chest etc etc - ruined me

Lunch
30min run at half marathon pace

Evening
…I’m hoping for a pint

1 Like

Been reluctant to post mainly because I felt so damn inadequate with my performance of week 1 in SSB LV1. Workouts that were supposed to be easy really wrecked me. Since then I improved cooling and especially hydration. Some sugar in the water bottle and a better fan angle did wonders.

Did Eclipse today:

Felt really good and only got tough in the last 8 minutes. Was mainly discomfort in the saddle and being worn out mentally rather than an actual power deficit.

I haven’t noticed any improvements in strength so far but the last three weeks have really increased my mental tolerance. It’s a lot easier now to just push through and get the job done.

9 Likes

Bird today for me - I’m technically in what would be week 6 of SSB LV1, but since I programmed in the recovery week after week 3, that would’ve split it into 3 weeks on/1 week recovery/2 weeks on/1 week recovery…so I did a kind of choose-your own adventure to make it 3-1-3-1…anyway, I wanted to do some higher intensity intervals to mix it up a bit, and Bird’s one of my favorites, so there you go.

I did feel like my kickr had trouble getting me up to the target power, as seen in the intervals - so I spent a lot of time way under, then way over the target power, which ain’t great…I’m using a Gen1 Kickr with a Quarq (Powermatch on auto)…any tips on how to make it better? It’s been working just fine on all my other workouts, wondering if the big jumps in target power had an effect…

2 Likes

Use the little ring in the front - helps some people in some situations

early morning workout turned out pretty good

5 Likes

2200m swim this morning, then Hesperus.

Beer and chinese food (home made) on the plan for tonight.

2 Likes

Had to downgrade on time but I’m pretty sure this upped the intensity, not easy on a Friday night after a busy day! Pushed harder than prescribed too, this is my aim with this plan, low not mid but push on.

2 Likes

I felt like garbage throughout most of SSB LV1 and never felt strong, but after the recovery week I had a nice 8W bump in FTP (295-304W) to kick off SSB LV2 and felt really strong on my first ride of Ebbetts–hopefully your legs come around as well as your mind has and you see some nice gains :wink:. And hopefully I haven’t jinxed myself for my upcoming rides… :joy:

2 Likes

Pizza, couch, beer. it was a hard workout but i found a way to make it through.

3 Likes

I did Kaweah, 50 min just under threshold. The only time I worked at close to such cumulative intensity duration before was when I did an outdoor 20min TT to set HR zones in the past, or a sprint triathlon bike leg. It was hard, all in aero, but besides a 30sec backpedal on the last interval i made it!

Thank you TR for making me suffer

4 Likes

Kaweah this morning. Felt tough, but ok.

2 Likes

Did Whorl again to finish week 1 of Traditional Base Low Volume I.

My plan is to run through Traditional Base LV I &II until the beginning of Jan while I concentrate on body recomposition (ie shift some of this excess fat I’m carrying.) Then start over with sweet spot base, sustained power build and mumble mumble specilalisation in the run up to my A event at the end of July.

Feels like I’ve taken a small step at the start of a long journey…

Geiger +2 for me today. Didn’t quite feel mentally up for Kaweah.

Was uncomfortable, but I could have definitely worked harder if needed.

Screenshot_20181117-130925

4 Likes

I was supposed to do Allegheny today, 3h15, but family things halted it.

Decided to swim instead, then thought I’d try something I’ve wanted to do in a while - took my P1S pedals to the gym, put them on the Wattbike and did Glassy!

So an easier option turned into;

1hr in the pool
1h20 TrainerRoad in the gym
15mins on the treadmill :smile:

I’m knackered.

1 Like