What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

These ones are so hard to do without pausing. 1:30:00 of sprints with 15 sec recovery between them at sweetspot… hard to recover after the 4th one. Brutal.

3 Likes

Spanish Needle, for me was brutal, i couldn’t finish, i did 1:07, miss 20 min, but almost 70 series of 15s at 275w it was hxc.

I think is the hardest work i have done, actually im doing general build.

I failed Eclipse yesterday – first time I’ve ever failed a Sweet Spot workout. :-1:

I wasn’t going to be able to complete the entire workout because I didn’t have a full 90 minute window to do it, but my plan was to do at least 10 minutes of the 3rd 20-min interval before bailing to jump on a conference call. But in the spirit of being honest with myself, I was burned. I couldn’t get that 3rd interval started. I was starting to get light-headed at the end of the 2nd interval.

Life lesson – when doing Sweet Spot workouts on back-to-back days, do the harder of them on the first day.

Eclipse is a bear. Now I have a new demon to exorcise…

3 Likes

Picket Guard - felt good to get through this over/under workout. Pretty ragged at the end of the fifth set.

Only one sweet spot workout (Tray Mountain +3) before a rest week

4 Likes

I’m the opposite, I’ve felt great rolling into SSB LV1 – with an increased FTP, to boot – and have really felt like I’ve nailed the workouts. I’ve also been selectively adding in other workouts and outside rides, which keeps me at more of a mid-volume TSS (it’s that flexibility for playing around with additional workouts that make me like LV plans) – but then I #failed Eclipse yesterday. It is a bear.

Congrats on pulling through – hopefully you’re over the hump. Like I said, I’ve been feeling great and had to hit eject on this one…

You’re right when you say it’s a mental wall. Not only are the intervals interminable…90 mins is so MUCH MORE psychologically difficult for me than a 75 min workouts for some reason. I mean, it’s just 15 mins, but it feels like way, way different.

Keep pushing. Great job :+1:

1 Like

Did Palisade today.

Had to reduce the workout intensity by 5 percent because I was hitting close to my max heart rate. Was dying my first interval!

Finished the workout but at a lower power. Feeling a little depressed because I’m getting worse at over unders.

3 Likes

Haven’t been on trainer since Monday because of all the smoke from Camp Fire in NorCal. A little break this morning, air not great but good enough to squeeze in Baxter -2.

2 Likes

I climbed 11 stairs:rofl:

1 Like

Leconte for me. Wasn’t exactly looking forward to this as Saturday night had turned into a social and the scotch came out. Turns out that Scotch really helps! Who knew?

3 Likes

2 Likes

10k running race, personal best by a long way. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment, that is really motivating!

I agree that even though it’s the duration is only a little bit longer, it feels like a different mountain to climb.

But if you didn’t have a hard time so far, then I’m very sure you’ll continue smoothly!

For my last workout of ssb LV1 I skipped the planned recovery indoor ride as I felt terrible yesterday and instead did a 2 hour outdoor ride today.
Screenshot_20181118-135044

3 Likes

Glassy for me, straightforward enough.

2 Likes

What, like… OUTSIDE?

Me too. 4.5 hours around a beautifully sunny East Lothian. Dry roads and blue sky. Is it really the middle of November in Scotland?

3 Likes

After having to pull the plug before the third interval of ‘Eclipse’ the other day, I was both apprehensive and motivated before today’s over/under buffet…

But I nailed it. Pumped my fist. And feel like I’m right back in the groove… :metal:

7 Likes

Tried an opener workout ahead of restarting SSB1 week 3, assuming the air quality from the smoke allows it.

2 Likes

'Kaweah man! 50 minutes at just-below-threshold, which would have been VO2max 8 weeks ago. Really pleased with this, and not knackered.

7 Likes

Brasstown today to finish out SSBLV1. Definitely feeling ready for the next part of SSB. Also first ride with the Lasko fan and I’m amazed at how well it does! Taking a week before starting the next part because life is getting in the way, but I’ll be adding in a couple short workouts where I can and then giving Disaster-Half a go on the weekend!

Pretty heavy 2 hour sweatspot-ish. Made it. Even after a steak burrito and 2 margaritas right before.

3 Likes