What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Donner for me this morning, went very well actually. Guess I am getting more used to doing this type of work in the morning:

Good thing I didn’t do this in the evening, would’ve been craving a Doner Kebab after :wink:

5 Likes

Did Carson today instead of the ramp test for my repeat of SSB2. The ramp test IME would cause me to cramp up in my swims the following week and I had to bail on one or two of them because of it. this is winter 3 for me, so I am pretty comfortable in understanding how to set my FTP to make the workouts effective. The true test will be when Kaweah comes up this weekend to decide if the FTP is set properly.

2 Likes

I managed 3/5 intervals of Kaweah yesterday - can’t shift this cold :frowning:

Did a Ramp Test after my first block of training (SSB Mid I) with Trainerroad. Super impressed by the gains, FTP went up more than 4%. Hyped for the next weeks of training.

2 Likes

Is it more your breathing/lungs or just too tired from the cold that caused you to stop?

If it’s your breathing/lungs, perhaps something like Vicks Vaborub might help (menthol smear that you put on your chest) or menthol candy during your workout just to keep everything clear.

I used this for a 210KM trip while having a cold, it helped with my breathing.

2 Likes

My breathing felt okay to be honest. I was a bit bunged up, but nothing too extreme.

For the last 5 minutes of the third interval I was struggling to maintain 70+ rpm and my legs just felt empty.

I’m in two minds whether to just do some easy spinning for the next week or so and get it out my system and then restart ssbmvII?

Ah ok, maybe you could switch to the taper week for the next three workouts and then continue where you left off or redo Kaweah to confirm you are back on track?

I am new this type of training though, so don’t follow the advice blindly :wink:

Yeah, i think that’s a good idea. I’ll probably push this entire week back a week, do the taper stuff until it starts and see how i feel come next Monday. Just worrying about digging myself into a hole if i plod on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done!

Jefferson today; I guess my pedalling has become a bit smoother in 3.5 years?

9 Likes

Another hour of power & cadence :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Had to push my SSB LVII week by one for work and family and came back to Watts. Tough but loved it.

1 Like

Hehehe, I also did Mills this morning. I found it a bit tougher than Huffaker last week, but still doable. I felt like I needed a bit longer to cool down, so I opted for 5min extended cool down, but after 3min I decided that’s enough of a cool down… :rofl:

3 Likes

Really big CX race yesterday, so today was just a little Obelisk for me.

Who doesn’t love testing day? Currently warming down with Taku.

Screenshot_20181120-072315
Mental note to turn off instruction text for the ramp.

@Bryce or other TR support (sorry, I can’t remember which other TR employees are here!!)… On mobile app in portrait view is there a way to turn off last segment summary as it hides current segment zoom view. Ild really like to be able to get rid of this for ramp test.

5 Likes

Kaiser for me this morning. Not going to lie, it was tough but I got stronger towards the end. Might of had a percent or two in intensity to play with but I opted for form over power.

6 Likes

Today was Bradley. Came into it with legs still sore from my first run in ages on Sunday. Had to take an extra minute rest between blocks 3 & 4, and block 4 was really tough.

I think it would have been a relatively easy workout without the 8s tags, they really make a difference.

5 Likes

Did a ramp test with pettit after it . Improved FTP from 229 to 246 after SSB I MV ( happy about it )

7 Likes

Ramp test after Sweet Spot Base LV I with extra outdoor rides. FTP from 282 to 289 and W/kg from 3.86 to 3.96. I was aiming for breaking 300 FTP and 4 W/kg but popped a bit early for that. I contribute part of not reaching that to having some fatigue from a long weekend in the legs. Can’t wait for the next test, …, on New Years Day…

7 Likes

Dude, so similar to me. Went from 3.88 to 4.05 after the first Sweet Spot Base block. Next test, New Years Day! See you then.

2 Likes