What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

A Silverthrone-esque Pettit (+4x20sec sprint intervals).

First “real” ride after 2 weeks off bike. So much wiggling and niggling trying to find my position again.

1 Like

Decided to man up and get back on plan. Rode Pettit and actually enjoyed it. Form Sprints are good fun. Mary Austin next :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Huffaker today. Turned down 4% after the openers (I’ve done enough of these to know my repeatable work is not full 100% of that workout). Hard work at 640am. Was definitely not motivated to start but glad to be finished none the less.

5 Likes

Looks a bit chaotic due to the challenge of keeping the dumb trainer steady,however, somewhat chuffed with myself for knocking over every power target on Mills.

3 Likes

Fun ride at 2:36am, one way to start the day.

2 Likes

My first ever ramp test, followed by the Taku.

2 Likes

Huffaker for me today. Was my first hard ride after coming back from being sick.

Last 3 intervals were absolutely brutal. 10/10 did not enjoy. Feels good to finish though!

7 Likes

Lunch run 6km +100m at RPE6 but HR was unusually high, so more like a 7.

Evening swim, interrupted at the end of mainset for a swim class, so main set went from 1200m to 3000m and massive cramps accordingly, doh. 3800m including WU, too knackered for WD.

Ramp test followed by Carson -4. It doesn’t matter how many times I do it, that last 7 minute interval at %94 of FTP following a ramp test is just about the most difficult SS interval of any training block…

On the upside, a ~7% bump in FTP following a block of short power build. I’m just a few watts away from being back where I was during my peak this last summer. Should be able to get well past that peak in time for my first event in the spring.

2 Likes

This morning was a 40 minute EZ run.

Lunch time swim was 1500 yards of mostly drill work with a 5x100 thrown in for good measure.

1 Like

Ramp test day - saw an FTP increase of almost 10% (!)

Reveling in the easy gains that come early on in consistent structured training - before TR, my riding has been consistent or structured, but I’ve never managed to do both at once. :smile:

5 Likes

Bashful +2 as part of Sustained Power Build. I had last week off due top Thanksgiving. VO2Max is my nemesis. Halfway through I remembered what happened last time I did Bashful and I cut my cadence down to 85-90. Did much better.

Had to take a break after the third interval of the final set as I let my cadence get above 95 again. There’s a small spike in the last interval that is a measurement system dropout, not me, honest.

3 Likes

I think you passed the sickness baton on to me. Lungs felt burned after Garfield yesterday. By bedtime I was coughing and running a temperature and today have pretty much laid on the couch all day.

My last bout of training-preventing-sickness was from Dec 21-31 2017 so I guess I was due; I knew all the germy kids I saw at preschool last week were out to get me.

1 Like

Same here !

1 Like

Did this yesterday teatime with a few connection issues. Had to dial back on ftp after weekend in Dublin :beers:

4 Likes

Palisade today, wasn’t looking forward to it as I struggled with it a lot during SSBLV1.

During the second interval I thought how am I supposed to finish the remaining three intervals but to my surprise I got through them without any big problems.

5 Likes

Did Leavitt -5

Followed up with a lunch time swim of 2000 yards, endurance set with minimal recovery between sets.

3 Likes

I also suffered through Palisade today. Two 15s backpedals on the last interval, other than that it was “fine”. This is masochism!

3 Likes

Huffaker.

HUUUGE 10sec PM–>TR delay! :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:
That yellow line was aaaalll over da place!

Surprisingly easy considering I’m still sick :thinking:, although 2 weeks off the bike completely obliterated any and all souplesse I had in my legs…power wasn’t a problem but pedalling was downright awful!

1 Like

A change up to our regularly scheduled programming today. I have disaster half penciled in (with ink!) for Saturday morning so in an attempt not to do overcook the TSS this week today was swapped out for baxter-2

2 Likes