What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Victory is Mine!

11 Likes

Mallory +1 - really nice combo workout with over/unders and a little VO2 at the end

10 Likes

Did Donner today as well, it is a tough one, I thought it would be an easy 1 hour Thursday ride. Those threshold rides really require some focus, sneaky.

4 Likes

English +3

Work schedule and bad roads forced me to skip English +5. Still got the real work in so I’ll hunt up some extra tss this weekend.

Trying to ignore power during intervals once I settle but I’m no trainer pro yet. Even running an 11/23 it can be hard to hit the cadence/power sweet spot on the first try until I memorize the “perfect” ratio for a given wattage. Single sided power meter probably exacerbates this as well.

5 Likes

Slide Mountain tonight.

2 Likes

Hunter -1 in early days of Sweet Spot Base High Volume 2.

4 Likes

Started feeling sick again on Monday so I pushed out my workouts by one day and Mills went ok on Tuesday. Yesterday I was slammed at work and short on sleep. No surprise that today was a disaster, sigh. Just feeling marginal and not sure how to handle the rest of week 4.

2 Likes

Recover as best you can, then hit the weekend?

1 Like

Pettit on the calendar tomorrow, going to bed now and will see how it goes tomorrow afternoon.

:flushed:

2 Likes

Push the whole plan out a week and start week 4 again when you are feeling better

3 Likes

I did Avalanche Spire yesterday, felt really good whilst doing it. I find that the 1 minute intervals in workouts are my fave, as by the time i get settled in to the new power level, the workout moves into another interval and I feel like i’m really progressing through it if that makes sense. Maybe it keeps my mind occupied?

Got Zwift and TR set up together now. Had a couple of power drop outs on the TR workout. Think i need to set TR going first and then Zwift, as i’m not massively bothered about drop outs on Zwift. Mainly riding that for the miles/visuals.

Red Lake +8 is my next workout. 5x6mins at 108% is going to be painful.

2 Likes

Leconte. Type 2 fun

6 Likes

Carpathian Peak +2. This was brutal, I took two backpedals during the first set, and then couldn’t muster the motivation to continue. This is now two of the last three workouts I’ve bailed on early. I was thinking I might insert a recovery week early, and see if that helps drop some fatigue and makes it easier to make it through.

I did have a particularly stressful day at work, before this. I probably could’ve more optimized fueling, but didn’t feel under fueled really, thought that would be fine. I probably also need to do a better job of getting more sleep, I pretty commonly only get 6-7 hours. So none of that helps, but I had been feeling plenty motivated to get on the bike, which had traditionally been the hard part.

I was planning on taking a recovery week next week, because that times nicely with my life schedule. Haven’t completely decided how I’m going to move my calendar around yet.

7 Likes

I feel your pain, brotha! No shame in calling it a day…especially when O/U get the better of you. :+1:

3 Likes

Charybdis

:tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Taku, brutal lol

3 Likes

Antelope. My first ride over an hour since I got sick at the end of November - the last couple of intervals required a fair amount of focus, specially since I was doing trad base previously - 50 minutes at sweetspot was torture.

Now sticking a sweet potato in the oven and heading to the pool.

5 Likes

Gym tri of sorts, again.

Easy 1900m surprisingly fast at 36:30. 3300m in total.

Bike: Too hot again, bailed on my my 3min VO2max intervals as my brain was shutting down and Hr through the roof. So 1:30s instead, with a couple of comebacks in the final minute. Sadly I think I’m done with gym bike sessions, unless I can get a full fan in there its just pointless. Still, a decent amount of TSS to the pile.

Easy treadmill for my first Zwift Run! Actually feels a bit pointless given my iPhone+ is too small to watch on the gym treadmill.
No noise from my right calf either :+1:

3 Likes

Not a bad sweet spot session. 4 sets with 1 min between of 3 and 4 minute blocks with 10secs in between those. Legs have been all over the place so didn’t know how it was going to go but it was fine.

5 Likes