What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Mills +3 today, had to hop off the bike before the last set (kids lol), but all went pretty well. I started out at 105% because I’ve been nailing the VO2 stuff so far this year, I ended up turning it back down but generally stayed over target and around the +5% mark.

6 Likes

Broken Finger + 1 - might bump up my FTP a bit as I’m feeling very race ready right now and am still 3.5 weeks out from my A event

4 Likes

I have an easier time with the VO2 intervals. Struggling with sweet spot and muscle endurance. Trying to lose some weight which I believe makes these sweet spot intervals more difficult.

3 Likes

3x30min @90% (basically Wright Peak).

1st interval is always a warm-up/clearing out the cobwebs deal. Engine’s purring by the 3rd.
Good session for practicing long stretches of standing.

Sweet Spot Block – Week 1/4.
Had SSBHV2 scheduled but will be subbing in other workouts, both TR and self made, which serve me better than those in the plan. Should be good! :+1:

4 Likes

I think that validates the accuracy of your FTP test :+1:t3:

Oh ace! Thats a nice little pick-me-up :slight_smile:

Geiger +2 today (5x12 sweet spot), went pretty well. Tomorrow should be a fun one, hunter.

2 Likes

Almost sprayed coffee on my laptop when I read this.

1 Like

When your screen freezes just as you’re about to hit your current threshold step on the ramp test…but you keep going anyway and hope that your erg is keeping up. Finally comes back round 2 mins later but talk about additional cognitive load! Think it affected the calculation so I’ve just had to base FTP off 0.75x best minute power.

3 Likes

Dade +1 was really tough today after Mondays ramp test and a +10W on FTP. I’m not sure I could have done a tenth interval. Followed immediately by clearing off 25cm of snow. Thankfully light and dry and the snowblower had no problem.

4 Likes

That’s a solid effort! :+1:t3:

Donner for me, one of those workouts where you know you can do it, but you also know it’s gonna be uncomfortable

4 Likes

I actually find those ones tougher because they are such a mental grind. At least the gasping for breath and wondering if my heart will explode takes my mind off the pain.

1 Like

Did Kaweah today and managed avg 113% FTP during the last 3 minutes of the 5th interval. Feeling good!

1 Like

2x45min @86%.
(instead of Geiger +2)

Not a bad little spin.
Had some weird power issues during the 1st interval, had to stop, off/on everything, etc.
Ain’t technology great? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I bet the cognitive load of a pre-power era rider was pretty low.

2 Likes

Tom this morning. Tom hates me. I hate Tom.

45 seconds between those sprints and that 4 minute 110% interval was just about enough. There is an even longer version of this workout. Good luck with that mess :rofl:

6 Likes

Oh my god there is a Tom workout? :heart_eyes:

Ooh, strangely I quite like the look of that. Might have to stick it in the calendar for later.

2020? :wink:

1 Like

Did an easy run yesterday morning, 40 minutes in the cold.

Followed up with a swim at lunch, main set was 4x400 on 20s rest. Easily beating my pace I used to do last year for 200’s on 30s rest.

Then this morning, darwin… what a fucker… for some reason at this point in the year, i have failed it, twice before… The last base phase prior to build and still trying to eek out every last bit of FTP gains before moving on to short power. Well I was able to finish, it was hard though, really hard. HR is higher than I’ve ever had it for this workout, but I was able to push through.

Next up is an EZ effort continuous swim, since I have a meeting at 1, I think I’ll have to limit the swim to 1000 yards.

4 Likes

Just did hunter, it was a bit tougher in that it’s warmer today so my basement is 65 degrees instead of the low 50s. My HR was up in the 170s at 92%, which is normally the edge of vo2 for me, the rpe was pretty normal though

3 Likes