What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Kind of amusing how similar these types of workouts look like fitness lab test protocols they pay Uni students $15 to suffer through!

1 Like

Gabb +1 - last high intensity two hour workout of RRRHV. Really good combo workout, felt good to complete this one with no failures after a rough week last week

5 Likes

Ericsson baby. Ericsson.

4 Likes

Split my long run into lunch and evening runs, the cold, sleet and snow raised the RPE so even with the 45mins shorter it was a similar rTSS. :+1:

Squeezed just under a km swim in after work on the drive home as well :grimacing:

5 Likes

Just finished Mills. Week 4 of SSB2-mid. Increased power throughout the workout, did the first set at 100, then bumped up 102, 105 and finished on 110%. I thought these were going to feel harder, but between the power dropping off, and being fairly short, just as each one started to get hard, Iā€™d be nearly done.

The VO2max progression thus far in SSB2 has been way easier than I expected. I normally have to really dig deep for these workouts, but these have all been easy. Next week is finally 3 minute repeats at 120%. Iā€™ll be curious to see how well that goes.

6 Likes

Did one of my own tonight ā€“ Sweet Spot Over-Under +1 (8x11min/4x22minā€¦whatever you think it is).
Kind of a mutated Deerhorn.

Was supposed to do my regular SSOU (16x5min) but somehow the +1 got loaded and I didnā€™t notice. :man_shrugging:

Was a good workout. Iā€™ve been slowly descending into the 88-90rpm quagmire and it kinda sucks. Felt really good to break out the 100+rpm and work on the leg speed again. Although it was not beautiful trying to control ā€œfastā€ power. I wouldnā€™t have finished in ERG.

During the last interval my wife texted me: Are you ok down there?

Guess I was doing it right! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Dade + 1 tonight:

9 VO2 intervals baby! First three were fine and challenging, and I decided to reduce power to 95% for the next three. They went well, still challenging, so I decided to nudge it up to 97% for the last three. On the first of the last three I felt some cramp threatening my right calf so backpedaled and stretched my ankle for a bit before getting back on it. On the final interval I was back up to 100%.

3 Likes

Sounds like weā€™re at the same point in the SSB2 plan as I had Spencer+2 last night. Well done for getting through it, Iā€™d take that workout with some intervals at 95% as a win :blush:

I went into it having gone through all previous VO2 max workouts feeling strong and upping the intensity, then yesterday I knew it was going to be a different story as my legs had felt so sore the previous couple of days (pretty sure a serious lack of sleep and particularly bad IBS had hampered my recovery)!

In the end I worked my way up, starting the first interval at 90%, the second at 93% and then settled on 97% for the last four. Not perfect, but as with your workout I still consider that a win given the state of the legs :blush:

3 Likes

Recovery week, so an easy session with Pettit

2 Likes

Was umming and ahing about whether to do short or general build.
I felt really good on Pierce this morning so I think I might stick with short as I did general last yearā€¦

• at a race weight of 85/86kg Iā€™m probably more suited to crits anyway.
3 Likes

There is something beautiful in this oneā€¦ Nevada City Classic +2
I wouldā€™ve quit the last 2 if not someone sitting on my back on Zwift :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Had to cut short to make the train to work, skipped the associated run at lunch as my legs are feeling pretty hard worked and I have Makalu tomorrow.

4 Likes

Tunnabora! Weird name but I like saying it.

4 Likes

After a slow slogging and short jog yesterday, followed up with another easy workout today.

Did Homerā€™s nose -1

Will be doing a somewhat hard swim at lunch today. With this cold, not sure Iā€™ll be doing my planned run tomorrow, hopefully the residual snow that didnā€™t get plowed will melt before Friday so I can at least get it in then before a ski weekend Iā€™ve got planned.

4 Likes

Iā€™m on the genā€™l build LV plan so Iā€™m on the trainer tues/thurs/sat. Today (and Friday) I go to the gym and do light upper body, core, and then get on the spin bike for 10-15min (depending on how much time I have) and spin out my legs.

Kind of active recovery I guess. Tomorrow I do Kaiser +2
-Hugh
my blog: ex-prosays.blogspot.com

3 Likes

I just did this today! Had bad thoughts about quitting it early but never. Really only wanted an hour workout but this looked ā€œinterestingā€. Pleased I managed to do ā€œjust another intervalā€ again and again until it was finished. Glad I did it though :blush:

1 Like

This was fun :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, the more I think about it, the better i feel. And I know I got the intended benefit of the workout as I was at least at 95% on a higher FTP. But that was as close to puking on a TR workout as Iā€™ve come.

Learned my lesson. Donā€™t mess with FTP until the ramp test. If Iā€™m feeling good I can bump the intensity. Nice job plowing through a really hard workout.

2 Likes

Turned off erg mode for the last interval set on Bluebell. Itā€™ll take some practice, but I liked it. Iā€™m on a Tacx Vortex and it takes a good 5-8sec for the power to kick in on erg. Itā€™s not a big deal with 1-minute intervals but with some sprints coming up in future workouts, i think Iā€™ll be using resistance mode more often.

Bluebell

1 Like

Whatā€™s the name of this one? Looks like a real gasser.