What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

eclipse today (3x20 sweet spot ~90%), not overly tough but still solid

3 Likes

Spanish Needle -3

:tired_face:

9 Likes

big props for that, Iā€™m still afraid of that and itā€™s been nearly a year since I attempted whatever version was in general build at the time

1 Like

Thanks! It wasnā€™t fun, i turned it down a bitā€¦but i endured!

Today, i was mainly failing at Hermit
should have probably ditched the session as I was coughing my insides out ā€¦ but ho-hum

3 Likes

Matthes +1. Three minute intervals are freaking rough.

6 Likes

Not going to lie, this one was hard tonight:

I was supposed to have a rest day yesterday and do Pettit tomorrow, but Iā€™d already had a forced rest day on Saturday so elected to skip the rest yesterday and switch this and Pettit instead.

My legs feel like lead.

5 Likes

I hate Spanish Needle in all its forms. Iā€™ve only attempted it once and it kicked my butt. I guess Iā€™ll meet it again at some point unless I have a race that day. :slight_smile:

Survival of the fittest, indeed.

5 Likes

Sweet Spot Segments. 16x5min (aka Garrowby +4 XL)

Nice one for fatigue resistance and leg speed work.
Felt good to do 100+rpm for that long. :+1:

5 Likes

Hawt!! :fire::metal:

1 Like

Iā€™m going to bookmark that one. I hate the 15 minute long intervals. Theyā€™re reasonably tough, but thatā€™s not why. I just think they are very boring. These break up the monotony. Iā€™m not worried about sitting on the bike for hours, but I donā€™t like doing that indoors.

Well it is a 2 hour workout soā€¦

I like to think of this one as reverse over-undersā€¦or something like that. The 5min intervals give your legs just enough lactic acid and the 1min breaks arenā€™t enough time to fully recover before youā€™re back at it. A bit harder than a straight 20 maybe.

1 Like

That was Winchell

This one was from yesterday evening, day after Winchell

7 Likes

Nice! I have this one scheduled in July, I think. You just know these kinds of workouts are gonna make you fast!

1 Like

Wasnā€™t feeling great during day, replaced echo with echo -2 that morningā€¦ came to do it that evening and half way through just felt drained. Decided to take a couple intervals as rest and finish off on target.

Ramp test on Monday and Zwift tour yesterday has really taken it out of my legs, three laps I was pushing on but faded on final lapā€¦ So Iā€™ve re-jigged my calendar, day off today and back on it tomorrow :slight_smile:

Know Iā€™m going to have times like this and need to listen to body and have some rest.

3 Likes

Easy day yesterday. Just Carter.

2 Likes

Supposed to do Geiger today.

Mondayā€™s session had seemed quite easy and, with snow in the air in the UK, my commute tomorrow might be under threat. So I did the +1 version instead. Went ok.

4 Likes

Lamarck.

No further comment.

4 Likes