What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Mary Austin -1 whipped me yesterday and I knew it. Should have pulled back to Tallac +1.

3 Likes

Wrapping up antelope +5 as I type this. Man it was easy, even at 94%, like I didnā€™t even go to the bottom of my threshold HR zone, and yesterdayā€™s wright peak -1 was similarly easy on me, for how difficult this high volume should be getting at the end of week 4 of SSB2 HV. Just gonna let keep status quo since Iā€™m going into the biggest week, but I could prob go up another 5w to 290, not sure if 10w would push it too much, but happy with how Iā€™m feeling

2 Likes

Palisades - Over / Under Threshold workout, completed as prescribed

Was concerned how it would go as I was hungry overnight from calorie tracking with MyFitnessPal. Ate a 500 calorie bowl of oatmeal 1 hour before and then CLIF Shots blocks to start and at each recovery valley (they acted as motivation treat). As well I am using a self selected FTP as I failed the ramp test.

How are people transferring the workout pics?

3 Likes

Finished off the week withā€¦

Dialled down the intensity as per the discussion with @mcneese.chad , frankly I wasnā€™t getting there anyway. Was using the session to distract from my youngest being overnight in hospital, but it didnā€™t work! :sweat_smile:

Missed 2 swims, a 45min run and Pettit this week for various reasons and bailed out on Laurentian earlyā€¦350/581 TSS :roll_eyes:. fTSS (family TSS ~600)

9 Likes

Mary Austin -1.

No issues, though I did extend the last 2 recovery breaks by a minute or two, just to make sure I got through the workout without legs quitting. Probably didnt need the extra recovery, though the last set was a mother.

This is encouraging. No way I could have done this workout a month agoā€¦

Now I have Leconte next weekendā€¦

2 Likes

Best wishes to your kid, @JoeX. :heart:

2 Likes

Rose yesterday for the first time and then Baxter today.

1 Like

Volume Weekend - Electra & Jay Peak. Really liked the build structure of Electra - first time doing a tempo ride like it.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the increased fTSS. Hope the youngā€™un is ok.

2 Likes

That was tough. :sweat_smile: Eclipseā€¦

5 Likes

Raymond +7 yesterday and Spruce Knob today

1 Like

Wright Peak-1 and feeling very proud of myself :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Mary Austin -1, but added an additional " - " by not completing the last interval. Up until the last over-treshold step I was thinking ā€œHard but doable, maybe I am due for an FTP increaseā€

The problem is that this bail just before the end has become a pattern the last 2 weeks, where I have bailed in the last interval of both Palisade and Darwin. Darwin was a pre-planned bail due to time constraints but palisade an Mary was just a shutdown. Mostly mental. I will have to work on that. Anyway this Mary Austin was probably my longest effort on the trainer ever :slight_smile:
Now ready for the last week of this three week block which was preceeded by 10 days of rest, with sore throat, stuffed nose and little to no energy for anything else but family and work.

3 Likes

felt better than I thought I would maybe this TrainerRoad thing does work :wink:

4 Likes

Hey Joeā€¦ Not sure if youā€™ve seen my thoughts on this sort of topic, but do you have planned days off? I donā€™t anymore so that when family and other obligations take priority over training, I can just adjust and go and take the extra day off. I had started getting frustrated when I had a day off, then the next morning was the one my daughter would wake up right as I was about to start my workout! has definitely lowered my stress level.

1 Like

Did a nice and what was supposed to be easy 6 miles yesterday but had a rather high HR during the run. Chalk it up to one of those days.

Started short power build today and instead of ramp testing, did Bluebell instead. I didnā€™t actually do this in the last rendition of SSB2 since I had added it to my calendar a while ago, and I had swapped out my VO2 workouts with those wingatesā€¦ I also bumped my FTP down 5 watts after having what I would call higher HR than what I would expect for all workouts during the last block. Iā€™m hoping with the reintroduction of the VO2 work, Iā€™ll bounce right back. I think Iā€™ve really noticed that my overall abilities now come and go with my VO2 capability.

I was able to go over target for the last 6ā€¦ if Pierce goes well for me on Friday, Iā€™ll bump it back up to 295.

3 Likes

Yeah I plan all workouts mon-fri and use sat/sun either as family days or catch up days. Last year I decided to go low volume and focus on hitting as many planned sessions as possible - it didnā€™t work at all. This year Iā€™m just accepting that I wonā€™t ever see all sessions complete, I just get the sessions done I can and try to stay positive.

As long as Iā€™m feeling fit, getting faster, and being a father, Iā€™m okay with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have got Lamark coming up on Thursday.

This will be challengingā€¦

Did Mary Austin -1 yesterday morning. I bumped the intensity down 6% right off the gate. Threshold work is my weakness so I wanted to give myself a chance to complete this one. I think it was the right call. Iā€™d say itā€™s the hardest workout Iā€™ve done thus far. I threw in a mile of running right off the bike for a little brick work.

5 Likes

Carillon. Went through suprisingly easily, was watching the menā€™s SG in Sweden, and seeing how many were missing gates was somehow giving me wings. If theyā€™re at that level and can screw up, who am I to complain? Just pedal.

1 Like