What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Well I was going to punt my Ramp Test this morning. Legs were still sore from a MTB race Sunday that I wasn’t really planning on going so hard on.

Anyway, was going to just do a workout, couldn’t decide what, went ahead and did the ramp.

Got a Good 3% increase. I don’t think I had another minute in my legs if they were fresh.

1 Like

No option for rollers or not. I can see I opted for the 60 minute version back in 2017, can’t remember why I didn’t do it last year as part of build, but was only 1% off from IF target. Think it’s mostly a lot of just slow cadence during the 15 s breaks

Carpathian Peak today. Whoever put this in the schedule for the day after a ramp test is a monster. That being said, I’d already talked myself into failure during the warm-up. The ramp test yesterday put my FTP up by 13 watts and the fact that over unders have been so hard for me in the past had knocked my confidence. But I did manage to finish it at 100% and my heart rate was lower than it had been for previous over unders. Looks like I’ve finally shifted the cold I’ve had since Xmas too.

Onwards with general build MV.

4 Likes

Finally back from the dreaded flu and following cold!

3 Likes

Shortoff +4 as last VO2max during base. Hell yeah!

4 Likes

After struggling to complete the last few workouts, took an extra couple of days rest and happily smashed this one… another rest day planned Thursday then back to plan and listen to body more… Note too self , I’m not twenty anymore!

3 Likes

Week 2 of Sustained Power Build LV

I failed Mount Goode over the weekend, combination of being unrested and potentially due to not eating prior to the workout (I’m quite sensitive to low carb intakes…)

Today was bashful +1.
Managed it ok, main issue was trying to get back down the wattage and keeping my legs spinning in the 30second Rests between intervals (I’m using an old elite dumb trainer so have to grab and release gears to change resistance)

Screenshot_20190212-191627

3 Likes

Run: 9.3km +123m RPE 6

Swim: 2900m main 13x100 at ~1:40-1:45+10s RPE 6

Everyone I know is sick now… :stopwatch:

5 Likes

Hope the young one is ok @JoeX

Spencer +2 just done

Oh, no, no, no, no, no , noooooooooo

I do not like that workout

3 Likes

Virginia

3 Likes

Supposed to do Spruce Knob but went for the -1 to shave 15min off the workout. I increased the intensity by 5% on the second 25min and it felt better. The first 25min felt too easy for 85%.

2 Likes

Ramp Test this morning - little bit frustrated that my FTP only went up by 4w (257>261), but a gain’s a gain, and I’ve lost some weight as well, so that’s a good thing. Moving on to Sustained Power Build LV now.

4 Likes

Woah, what’s that green stuff?! (SO JEALOUS)

2 Likes

tick tock … hope you go thorugh ok! I was out two days last week… same story

1 Like

Mills, but I beefed it up to +6% at the end, as preparation for Mary Austin -1, which is next. I heard horror stories about Mary. Bring it on, Mary.

This is my first pass through TR’s Base plan and I’ve never really done any interval training, much less so any VO max unders/overs. I am finding this type of exercise very beneficial for my swimming endurance. Has anyone else noticed the same?

LtS

3 Likes

Thanks. I have completed this workout at 120% before though so I guess while 110 isn’t my true repeatable power it was the repeatable power on the day.

1 Like

Reinstein -1 for me this morning. Under-Overs are something I’ve been missing as part of my training so I thought I’d tweak my plan and start off easy.

Two minutes on the hoods, one minute in the drops. Felt good my old friend.

4 Likes

Wish I could get up that early it would make my day so much easier. :+1:

Yeah, but I’m good for nothing after 10pm :rofl::wink:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: