What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Wrapping up HIM base and did Cumberland + 30min brick run for good measure.

5 Likes

Donner today:

Upped the intensity by 5% for the last set. (background: dropped my FTP manually by 5%, after getting completely beaten by Kaweah and Geiger +2 last weekend). Wasn’t easy.

5 Likes

@grenhall Bashful + 2 is a bit of a killer! I managed to complete the first few intervals, although in order to complete the final repitition I had to drop the intensity from 100 to 98. Glad I slightly lowered the intensity and completed the full workout :metal: Did i say complete?! :wink:

1 Like

NP was 242 with an FTP of 258, hell I was impressed!

1 Like

After a FTP bump from 272 → 286, over-unders:

7 Likes

:grinning:

I was lucky to get it in and only got a 5min brick. :sweat_smile:

Wife has the chest infection felling everyone in south east England so juggling kids and work and prepping for the Alps has killed week #3 Build.

5 Likes

Going skiing?

1 Like

A few last minute hurdles to overcome but hope to be setting a course record on the Mausfalle at Kitzbühel soon! :wink:

3 Likes

Well done! I thought about lowering the intensity but stubborn as I am kept pressing. But I had nothing left in the tank in the middle of the last set. Nothing. Easily the toughest workout I’ve ever done and I consider myself being strong in the VO2Max/Anaerobical-department. But those 1,5mins took their toll to say the least.

Man I really like Carpathian Peak. Awesome workout!

3 Likes

I had Gibraltar scheduled for yesterday (Thursday) and I bailed on it. Between feeling tired and needing a rest, warming temps up to 40 F, a bright sun, and where it hasn’t melted (in seemingly random places) generally slushy snow instead of ice, I jumped on the gravel bike. I hoped to do the TSS prescribed, but I still felt sluggish so I just enjoyed the outdoor ride.

The ponds are still covered in ice and the hills above 2k’ are still snow covered.

The red bit in the distance is a train that just passed me. I was slow in deciding to get the GoPro from the pocket.

Today, Petit, maybe a very short run (gotta walk the dog anyway), and a day off for Langlauf, or XC skiing.

5 Likes

I’ve got that one coming up next week. Fang Mountain +1 today. I better buy some more chocolate bars. Topping off energy reserves helps. I was a bit worried about it going into to it. Went well.

2 Likes

Is it about time for a new ftp test? That looks insanely brutal if FTP is correct

Ritter for me this morning. Not on the plan but I liked the look of it. All surges done in the drops.

Loved this! Underworld playing on the stereo and it was like a 90s rave in my garage this morning :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Hot, sweaty, dark, and everyone’s a little out of their mind? :laughing:

3 Likes

:hot_face:

I had the same yesterday. Tough but fair. I had a super-weird sensation in my legs at the start of the second and third sets – almost like adrenaline rushing through my thighs, but I presume it was lactate? It reminded me of the start of a brick run.

It also didn’t help that my front derailleur wasn’t shifting properly, so I had to duck down to poke it – I felt like I was going to black-out when I came back up :confused:

1 Like

Yeah FTP is due next week!

1 Like

Baxter in the morning, capping off first week of SSBLV1. Felt fresh today after Mount Field so did an easy ride.

First 30s-1m of harder intervals sometimes load up my legs quickly too… the breaks in Carpathian Peak are long, so plenty of time to be totally cooled down - that feeling wouldn’t surprise me. For me anyway, usually pedal through it after getting into the work a bit more.