What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Scared me to no end, but it wasn’t half as bad as what I had imagined. And I did it fasted early in the morning.

Palisade - another one that scared me, but ended up ok. For those who have run using Jack Daniels’ method, this feels a lot like his “tempo” runs, with 4x5min and 2x10min at a pace at which you should be able to barely do 25-30 mins. in the case of Palisade, it’s 5x9min around FTP… uncomfortable, 50% mental, 50% physical. Watching a Youtube playlist of Sagan sprint wins and Hirscher slalom wins helped the first 50%.

Nice easy 50k spin in the sun to get coffee & cake today.

I’ve got warlow tomorrow and then a 2hr track session on Sunday.

2 Likes

Definitely the hardest one I’ve done so far. I think I might have tested a little high when I got my 20W FTP bump a couple of days ago…

Got through it though, so I guess that’s the main thing. HR 196 at the end - most I’ve ever seen was 200, when running. Very VERY happy to end it with no back-pedalling or anything.

6 Likes

Was your name on the vip list :thinking:

1 Like

Supposed to be Mist today (FDTB-HV) but did Petit instead (upped intensity 5% after 10min) after a short trail run with the dog and before 2hrs XC Skiing / “Langlauf” with the wife. Skipping swimming.

IMG_1740%20(1)

4 Likes

The trails look beautiful! We’re hoping to get out skiing this weekend too.

1 Like

Finished early take young un to footie Training

3 Likes

Short power style over unders. Gotta have a bit of an anaerobic kick!

6 Likes

Dade+1

Collins in the last week of Sustained Power Build:
Did fine. Nice to be doing endurance at a level that used to be threshold. The spike at 30 mins is me getting off the bike to remove my outer layers. It was freezing in the garage. Otherwise kept it 100

4 Likes

Lamarck today. Was kind of dreading it, wondering how I was going to cope. Crushed the first 3 intervals. Started getting a little overconfident going into the last one lol. Still completed it, but barely…with a few backpedals. I think it was more a mental failure during the last one than lack of fitness. I thought I was homefree…kinda forgot how much work I had left haha.

Still chalking it up as a win :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Bashful.

125% intervals capital-S SUCK

But only a few minor backpedals during the recovery windows in the last set and nailed the actual intervals. Feel pretty good about it. Back at it tomorrow.

6 Likes

Swim this morning, nap on the couch this afternoon and then Galena this evening. It felt easier than when I did it a couple of weeks ago but I’ve done a lot of 20 minute SS recently. Now my long weekend can begin.

4 Likes

Andrews. Couldn’t match my wife’s effort from Wednesday morning, but damn happy I got 90 min in on the bike today thanks to my awesome wife, the in-laws, and the nanny. Baby girl is great and we are home. And so begins the transition from mid-volume to (maybe?) low volume! All well worth it.

5 Likes

First week of SSBLV1 done. Enthusiasm and motivation hasn’t tapered. Matching the power output and nailing the drills is just enough to keep these workouts almost fun. They definitely distract me from any kind of fatigue. I’ve said it before but these workouts kind of feel like a video game

6 Likes

Just finished Taylor. Bumped power up on the first interval a couple times trying to find the right intensity, felt easier than I wanted at first. Did the last two intervals at 105%, which felt nicely hard, but not quite maxed out.

I’ve been off the bike for over a week now. Broke my pedal literally stepping onto my bike for a trainer session, and just got the replacements in. Pedal body just snapped right in half. I’ve been riding Time pedals for ages now, I’ve had this set for two seasons or so now, and have had no end of issues with them. Bought a set of Xpedo pedals, since I had heard good things about them. Feels WAY different getting out of. I’m assuming I’ll get used to it, but it feels like my foot snags on the way out, where the old pedals felt like a much cleaner pop out once I released.

3 Likes

Easy 5hr zone 2 ride with a “tired legs sprint” at the end. Hadn’t done over 3 hours in a while and forgot how fun it can be.

4 Likes

2hrs running and walking, cheekily while on conference calls. It was the only time I could do anything yesterday!

Nice weather for it at last.

4 Likes

Longfellow. 4hrs. At the 20min mark I seriously questioned my commitment. It feels good to have it behind me. However, when I came up from the basement I found it is a stunningly beautiful day outside without a cloud in the crystal blue sky, virtually windless, and a ‘warm’ 40 F. I know, however, that I got a better workout on the turbo, but…

2 Likes